No announcement yet.

Football Manager 2013 announced!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's some ridiculous price jump for pretty much anything sold in Australia, especially electronics

Comment

But... Steam...

Originally posted by Ilaje View Post
      I've never paid full retail for FM, I always got the Russian version. It was only after being unable to find a working one last year that I happened to see that Steam was having one of their mega-sales that I spent something like $31 on it.

I'm already trying to avoid paying full retail for FIFA 13, $80 means it's time to receive another one from Russia with love.
      This is me as well, last year was the first time I've actually bought the game. But now that I finally did I was actually feeling pretty good about myself for supporting the company and was going to keep buying the game in the future. $80 will send me right back to the Russians.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

That high game price is only for Australia. The price for US is $40.

As far as the features go none of them really intrigue me other than director of football inclusion where I might start a save game where I don't decide on transfers (more realistic) and only focus of tactics/training/squad rotation.

Comment

As far as the features go none of them really intrigue me other than director of football inclusion where I might start a save game where I don't decide on transfers (more realistic) and only focus of tactics/training/squad rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyo913 View Post

Can we be the Director of Football? Because I would love to concentrate on transfers only, as well as hiring and firing managers.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyo913 View Post

Comment

Weird

Comment

Wow. I wonder if I can get around this with a proxy?

Comment

I don't get why it would be priced THAT differently. I mean, it's just from Steam. Anyway, this isn't really a problem. There will be merchants who will sell the game and they email out your steam code the night the game is released. I didn't do this, but I saw it on thedugout.net last year. Probably a much better deal than 40 USD too. And if you just pay with a credit/debit card the exchange rate isn't a factor.

EDIT: Did a quick google and saw this

Whatever you do, don't buy the game from Steam direct if you're an Aussie... SEGA can ♥♥♥♥ off with their regional pricing bull♥♥♥♥...

US$40 on the US store vs US$90 on the AU one...

To the Aussies, I recommend OzGameShop / GMG (if they aren't participating in the BS - generally they're good... occasionally though...) or "elsewhere"...
                    EDIT2: Now this

GMG: $30; $2 store credit if you are a new customer = $30/$28 (before Sept 17; then $40/$38)
                    Last edited by Nimreitz; 13-09-2012, 03:48:AM.

Comment

Wow, thanks

Comment

Nope, no director of football option.

I'd like that too. Hopefully next version.

Comment

DoF role would be sweet.

TCM 2004 had it.

Comment

Sooooo... are we all excited? Got some ideas what you want to do in this game?

I was thinking of starting the game unemployed for the first time and make that my one and only save. Just learn to manage and play the game as I go along, like a realistic career. There's a huge chance I won't last, I especially hate LLM when I'm watching real life CL games. That always makes me want to assemble the best teams with with ALL the stars. But hey, let's give it a shot.

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
                            2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Comment

I'll start my usual game with Porto, I usually am done with that after 3/4 seasons... Then I'll something cool to start and post here

Comment

As per tradition I'll play Arsenal in the demo, and Ajax in my first full game. We'll see after that. I'm thinking PSG or Borussia Dortmund or maybe some big team. LLM can be fun, but not until you get the hang of all the new features in the game, I think.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"

Comment

Working...
                                X