No announcement yet.

A Girl in Every Port

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan makes me feel bad for being an Avatar whore.
    CHELSEA FC :: JK TAMMEKA TARTU :: VANCOUVER WHITECAPS :: RODA JC KERKRADE

Comment

Compared to him I am an avatar whore.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek

Comment

I've had the same avatar since SG introduced avatars.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

I'm thinking I'll have a 20 year run with my current one.

Comment

Dan has not grown as a person over the last 13 years.

Comment

My favourite avatar is Yossarian's
              CHELSEA FC :: JK TAMMEKA TARTU :: VANCOUVER WHITECAPS :: RODA JC KERKRADE

Comment

I just finished my first full season in FM14 with Schalke. I won the Bundesliga on the final matchday because I don't think Dortmund and Bayern wanted it. It's unbelievable how many points they dropped at the end, they both drew or lost like 4 games out of their last 5. This never felt like a Championship-winning season to me and the performances of my team were often quite frustrating. My best performer was Jermaine Jones as a DM BWM with a 7.2 av. rating, the lowest I can remember in a title-winning season. Rest is mostly below 7. The Draxler-Boateng-Clemens trio behind Huntelaar was decisive, mostly through their individual class (ups and downs in this regard). My biggest issue was possession, I think I lost that stat in about every game. Still got a lot of shots on goal through their offensive impulses.

My most surprising player was Christian Clemens, he easily outperformed Sidney Sam at AMR. I sold Farfan (one of my least favorite players IRL) and bought Sam at the start of the season, but he was very disappointing. My only other transfer activity was signing Sebastian Jung for the RB position, he's ok.

Sweet, sweet Bundesliga title though, beating out my Revierderby rival.

I lost the DFB-Pokal Final vs. 2.Bundesliga side Köln. Meh.

Schalke are filthy rich and loaded with talent, Draxler being the most exciting. Of course he's already a key player. Can't wait to build this team further.
                Last edited by Juventino; 21-01-2014, 02:09:AM.

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
                2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Comment

Season 2, defending champs. I thought this would be a challenge.

Starting line-up in my second season:

I got rid of Jermaine Jones with a little bit of pain in my heart, he just asked for too much money and too many years on his contract for someone his age. I also got rid of Huntelaar because of his super-high contract (he earned double the amount of my second highest earner) and his back-up Szalai whom was just very bad. Hildebrand was not extended either despite his good performances, with all those GK prospects in Germany I wanted to sign someone new.

I decided to sign Bernd Leno, Tony Jantschke (back-up for Jung), Gylfi Sigurdsson, Timo Werner and Kevin Volland. Volland is a beast. Got 10 goals in his first 15 games, still only 21 years old. Timo Werner is also really good at 18 years old, currently backing-up Volland but scoring when given a chance.

After giving up on signing Ter Stegen after tough negotations with Gladbach, I signed Bernd Leno for 22.5M. IRL that would make him the third most expensive goalkeeper ever on par with De Gea and behind Buffon and Neuer. Leverkusen went on to sign the excellent Timo Horn from 2.Bundesliga side Köln for 4M. I think they were the smarter business men here...
                  Last edited by Juventino; 21-01-2014, 02:12:AM.

Comment

not to thread jack here but can you play this game as a player on the pitch as well as manage and if so which engine is this game using (ps2 or ps3) ?

Comment

No, it's purely a management game and it's only for PC/Mac (and some handheld consoles). The game is called Football Manager, I'm surprised you're unfamiliar with it. Look it up, watch some youtube trailers or download a demo.

Comment

In FM13 I played with Schalke and won the league my first two seasons, only to feel the wrath of Bayern in seasons 3 and 4. They won't just concede the league to you right away. Took me awhile to win the CL, but oh man it was so sweet when I finally broke through. Still remember it.

Comment

Draxler as winger?

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"

Comment

That's where he's a natural. He does it in real life too.

Comment

I wanted to play with Schalke in FM13 because of Draxler, but never got around to do it. This summer they signed Goretzka and Clemens and have Max Meyer coming through the youth ranks, so this version might even have a better start. They also have a great youth academy, I like it's their one and only philosophy to develop own youth. Despite having thrown money at other German talent already, it's a realistic goal to have a bunch of home grown key players in the squad. Great club to manage.

I do expect Bayern to come back strong, I've just gotten so used to their real life domination. So far I won all of my games versus them and Dortmund aswell (with some luck to be honest, penalties and red cards here and there), really surprised me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimreitz View Post
                                That's where he's a natural. He does it in real life too.
                                I know, but I would figure he would be better equipped to play as an inside forward from there or something...

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"

Comment

Working...
                                X