Teh Noob Alert!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YESSSSSSS!!!!! Finally!

I could have scored 10 goals, but I'll take it. I was literally celebrating all the goals like a weirdo. Good times.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek

Comment

Finished the season on a high note.

Ran the table after the winter break and beat Metalist, which were second almost all year.

My objective was to get to the Champions League this season, and I was able to do so, so I'm pretty satisfied. Next season it's dethrone Shakhtar or bust.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek

Comment

Finished season 3, and while it was a disappointment overall, I got a cakewalk of a Cup run until the final...

This makes my first silverware in my short FM career, so it was pretty cool.

Season 3 table:

Sig courtesy of Tosiek

Comment

I got a message saying Villareal's manager had been fired, so out of curiosity I decided to send my application. And this happened:

Whoops.

To make matters worse, Villareal laughed off interest from me.

Not sure if I should reload or just try to go to another club.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek

Comment

I'd continue to see if they actually fire you, but reload. I always save before making job comments or applying for jobs.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

I tried to reload, but I had left it on vacation to see which teams offered me a position. I forgot to turn auto-save off, so when I reloaded I was still unemployed.

But then I scrolled through my messages and got this offer:

Looks like it'll do.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek

Comment

Haha, I like this laissez-faire approach to FM

Comment

So out of the blue, I was offered the legend known as Julio Gomez, and said he was interested. If this team is good enough for Gomez, it's good enough for me!

First promising game:

Unfortunately he left injured. Hopefully it isn't serious.
                  Last edited by Back Door Skip; 31-01-2012, 09:27:AM.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek

Comment

So this season with Kuban has been largely disappointing. I've made some signings, but the team is seriously lacking speed, creativity and consistency. It pisses me off to no end to dominate games only to give up an easy goal against the run of play, and this has basically been the epitome of this season.

The only thing I got going has been my cup run. I had a relatively easy path until the semis where I had to match up against a largely superior CSKA.

As almost trademark start, I have possession, I'm getting chances on goal, but of course I make nothing out of it. Then CSKA scores with ease. Sigh... I've lived this scenario far too often this season oh well.

But then I get the draw. Surprising, but cool. Maybe I can hold them off and try my luck in the penalty shootout...

Or maybe I can go toe to toe with them and get to the finals!

Huge win, but now I gotta play Zenit who are going for the double since they wrapped up the league with games to spare... we'll see how that turns out.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek

Comment

YEAH, BABY!!!!!!

This win makes the crappy season totally worth it!

I was literally on the edge of my seat when Zenit scored with a little over 10 minutes to go. The defense was outstanding, and my attack put away both clear chances. Ecstatic!!!

Apparently it pays to win **** in Russia. Literally.

Last edited by Back Door Skip; 02-02-2012, 09:50:AM.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek

Comment

Almost too embarrassed to show the league table, but since I won the cup I don't care as much. **** it.

At one point I was in a nice winning streak and was as high as 5th place, but then injuries killed any kind of momentum and couldn't recover.

This is all that matters in the end, though.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek

Comment

Yeah, tough year. Hopefully they'll give you some money to spend to contend in Europe and improve the league position.

Comment

Yeah, I'm gonna need money to make some moves, because there has to be a huge overhaul of players.

Plus, it doesn't help that my best player by a mile is retiring.

Part of me wants to just jump ship to a better club, but I don't know where two Cup titles at Eastern European teams will get me.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek

Comment

You might be able to ask him to reconsider his retirement.

Comment

So I really had no interest in trying to make Kuban into a decent team. I decided to jump ship.

They happen to be Dnipro's bitter rival.

I got to work right away, and started out strong.

Taking it to my old team. Nothing really note worthy other that I beat them on their ground and their manager was my assistant for three seasons.

Turns out I got a pretty good team.

Beat Shakhtar and Dinamo Kiev twice, but I'm mostly proud of my defense.

Not too bad in Europe either mostly playing backups.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek

Comment

Working...
                                X