No announcement yet.

Teh Noob Alert!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Began a new save with Manchester City... and it was a frustrating start. I drew my first three PL matches. I lost the Community Shield in penalties and I got completely embarrassed by Genk (yes ******* team I've barely ever heard of!) 4-0.

This game is where I feel I turned the corner. I just played a straight 4-3-3 and finally had some success.

After that I went on a nice unbeaten streak, which kept me in the top three in the Premier League. In Champions League I beat Inter as well, then I had my chance for revenge...

And these mother****ers snapped my almost two month unbeaten streak!
    Last edited by Back Door Skip; 27-12-2011, 05:02:AM.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek

Comment

I had to get over it, because I had a rough stretch where I had to play Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea. I ended up doing well enough.

This is the table close to the winter break:

I ended up losing to Inter pretty bad in San Siro. I thought I was gonna go into one of those slides, because I then lost 2-0 to a 10 men Tottenham, which was frustrating as ****.

I then had to play Zenit for my CL life. I won by the minimal although Tevez could have easily gotten a hat-trick, but I was happy because I was pretty sure Inter would let Genk beat them to **** me.

I qualified by the skin of my teeth, and it was a good feeling to know I qualified to the round of 16 despite getting embarrassed by Genk.

Last edited by Back Door Skip; 27-12-2011, 05:12:AM.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek

Comment

This is the formation I use the most. I altered it a bit, since Aguero has been huge, but seems to be too selfish for a winger.

I also have already signed reinforcements for after the winter break.

Not too sure about the last one. Santos approved it, but I haven't been prompted to set a contract with him. Weird.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek

Comment

Originally posted by skiptomylou View Post
          Not too sure about the last one. Santos approved it, but I haven't been prompted to set a contract with him. Weird.
          I've had this happen to me too. When they negotiate and I accept their counter-offer, I don't get the news to offer the player a contract either. Usually I click 'change the bid' in the player's profile, add a little money, and they'll accept and I can offer the player a contract. It must be a bug.

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
          2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Comment

Skip, stop trying to play those weird formations man. I'm telling you that's why your team is under-performing. Play something symmetrical and normal like a 4-5-1.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyo913 View Post
              Skip, stop trying to play those weird formations man. I'm telling you that's why your team is under-performing. Play something symmetrical and normal like a 4-5-1.
              Yeah totally agree. Losing to Genk home and away is very embarrassing.

Also your signings are underwhelming and pointless.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

Baines will be a decent rotation player. He's experienced with the Premiership so he won't have any problem fitting in. Your current attacking players are better than Neymar. He will need a while to adapt and also a while to fulfil his potential. Its good to buy him to have him on the squad for later but for now he won't be a consistent game changer. And Lescott and Kompany are both better than Subotic.

Comment

The point is, you're Man City. You don't buy squad players. You upgrade and then your old stars become the squad players.

Comment

I bought Glen Johnson for RB as Man City since its a position that could use an upgrade and sadly he was the best RB available.

Comment

I like Micah. Maybe a real life bias.

Comment

I'll have to try it out. How much attention do I pay to the positions in terms of placement? For instance, my wingers (Johnson, Silva, Nasri, Milner) don't score nearly enough. Then having Aguero paired up with another striker makes him more dangerous. But if I put him as a winger, it says 'adequate'.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek

Comment

Train him to become AML (or AMR)... it will improve with time. Rotate him with Dzeko and Tevez as striker but also play him on the wings if you're playing the others.

You could even use a 4-2-3-1 and play him as AMC.

Comment

I'd recommend a 4-2-3-1 without wingers. Play Nasri-Aguero-Silva behind Dzeko.

Comment

Oh good idea. Only odd man out would be Adam Johnson, but he's not good enough to care.

Comment

Yeah the narrow 4-2-3-1 has been the best formation for City for 3 FMs now, try that one skip.

Comment

Working...
                                X