SG Succession Game - Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juventino View Post
    Yes, I agree Az & Alex, I prefer Russia because of Vladivostok and the numerous possible rivalries (Zenit, Spartak, CSKA, Lokomotiv, Anzhi, you name 'em), not for the game to be realistic with a sugar daddy.

Belgium is too bleh in my opinion. Is it even a real country? I heard it might be a hoax and that when you cross the southern border of Holland you'll be in France. But really, Belgium's like Switzerland, nobody cares.

We could start a game in what used to be Transylvania... Romania, that is. Count Dracula buying up a football team, hehehe.

PS. Night games only in Transylvania!
    They don't even have a government!

Vladivostok still sounds great, BTW.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"

Comment

Yeah, I like the idea of Valdiwhatever actually, and I doubt I'll play in Russia otherwise, so I'm game.

Just one thing, regarding loading nations, I think whoever's playing should communicate with the next guy. My PC isn't that good, I am currently running 11 leagues on my save and while it's not too slow, it'd be too slow for me to run a full season in a week or so, so if Fili was behind me for example, I'd ask him to remove a few leagues if there were too many, and if Alex was in front of me and he had a great PC, I could load more leagues for when it's his turn.

Why the person behind you? Because leagues have different loading dates, and if we play Russia, the loading date for most leagues would be midseason.

Sound good for y'all?

Comment

Yeah. I wouldn't mind any eastern block country to be honest. Russia is the most appealing though, because it's the biggest, AND whilst it's not a big issue to me, it's also the nation that could feasibly become a football world power again.

Comment

Trouble with that theory Az, is that it's not purely the number of leagues you have running that slow down/speed up the game. It's also the number of active players (which makes a big difference, and I'd prefer not to have too little there!) and also detail level of each (which you can turn down yourself immediately).

But still a good idea.

Comment

I think Vladivostok with a sugar daddy would be incredibly fun and I throw my full support behind it. Those away ties in Europe are going to be BRUTAL!

Alex, before you set up the game, who is the manager? Senor Pablo again? I think that Vladivostok's location and the possible shady connections of our oligarch owner provides the perfect opportunity... Kim Jong-sung, North Korean.

Jong-sung is just combining the Il-Sung and Jong-Il, but it continues the "is he related to that authoritarian communist family?" theme.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

On the question of what leagues to load, I think we should go down into the Russian pyramid 2 or 3 levels (whatever is available), plus the top divisions in relevant Former Soviet Nations (mainly Ukraine and Belarus), then the main ones for realism (England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland, France, Portugal). That's 11 or 12 leagues running in 10 nations, which should be manageable for most comps. Maybe a little slow for crappy ones like mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimreitz View Post
                I think Vladivostok with a sugar daddy would be incredibly fun and I throw my full support behind it. Those away ties in Europe are going to be BRUTAL!

Alex, before you set up the game, who is the manager? Senor Pablo again? I think that Vladivostok's location and the possible shady connections of our oligarch owner provides the perfect opportunity... Kim Jong-sung, North Korean.

Jong-sung is just combining the Il-Sung and Jong-Il, but it continues the "is he related to that authoritarian communist family?" theme.
                I can make the save without adding a manager. I will have to make a chairman though. We should look up Vladivostok's richest man.

Also, how long do we keep Sugar Daddy on foreground for? 8 seasons? 10 seasons? 3rd season in Europe? They're my suggestions.

I'll load:
                England (down to conference or League 2?)
                Spain (3 tiers?)
                Italy (3 tiers?)
                France (2 tiers?)
                Germany (2 tiers?)
                Holland (2 tiers)
                Portugal (1 tier, or two??)
                And some of: Czech, Ukraine, Belarus, Bulgaria, Poland, Hungary and Romania (eastern block??)

The advantage we have here, is I can load these leagues as view only as well? Which uses LOADS less processing power. In fact I think England, Spain, Italy etc should all be view only as well.

Then I think we need to load LOADS of players - that is the important part.

Optional, but in my games, I also like to load (as view only - which as I said uses much less resources) load a league from South America, North America, Asia and Africa, so that all the continental competitions are played, and therefore the World Club Champs etc is more accurate. If we load those leagues, on view only, and ensure that the detail of the matches is switched to lowest, it shouldn't effect things too much. Let me know what everyone thinks about that.

Comment

Why the hell would you load all these leagues? I'm with Nimreitz; just load all Divisions from Russia, the top ones from the available former Soviet countries (Ukraine and Belarus) and then the top divisions of Europe's main leagues (England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France). You could put them on view-only, yes. I don't see the point loading lower tiers in these countries, because it's pointless and trivial to follow these leagues. Same counts for the Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Poland, Romania, etc, and leagues outside of Europe... who cares about the Club World Championship? But yes, large database.

And just make Vladivostok's current chairman a sugar daddy. And I love the idea for our manager Kim Jong-sung. Alex, you want to play first, right? Whoever plays first should just load the game and add the manager.

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
                  2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Juventino View Post
                    Why the hell would you load all these leagues? I'm with Nimreitz; just load all Divisions from Russia, the top ones from the available former Soviet countries (Ukraine and Belarus) and then the top divisions of Europe's main leagues (England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France). You could put them on view-only, yes. I don't see the point loading lower tiers in these countries, because it's pointless and trivial to follow these leagues. Same counts for the Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Poland, Romania, etc, and leagues outside of Europe... who cares about the Club World Championship? But yes, large database.

And just make Vladivostok's current chairman a sugar daddy. And I love the idea for our manager Kim Jong-sung. Alex, you want to play first, right? Whoever plays first should just load the game and add the manager.
                    Yeah, I got carried away with the Eastern countries, and with the others because in my games I move around a bit (and usually get involved with a National Team too).

I'm also anal about realism, and like as many leagues as feasible. The reason we need some lower tiers is because I'm fairly sure that is where we'll be getting some players - at least to start with. Also, we need to look at who will be in Europe with us (later on), so I think having Portugal, and Holland in that group of nations you mentioned is good. They're also breeding grounds.

Comment

Oh, I'm not playing first. I rather like the idea of first player not starting the game to be honest.

I don't know about the idea of Kim Jong-Sung. Not convinced there. To be honest, I'd rather another Castro game. Or even something else altogether - just something random.

Comment

Kim Jong-Sung is my finest work and if you don't use him I definitely will. Pablo already has a history, we need a new guy. Vladivostok is RIGHT NEXT TO North Korea. North Korea is a total weird ass mystery of a country and it would be fun to have a refugee/privileged person allowed to go abroad particularly with dubious qualifications.

I picked "Pablo Castro from Cuba" because it's just so unusual. Who was the last Cuban footballer you could name? Can you name a single one ever? I can't. North Korea is kind of the same, although a few guys have played abroad in recent years; Hong was at Rostov for a few seasons although doesn't seem to have made a mark. Also the communist link at least ties this all together.

Alex, your league suggestions are preposterous, it would take me months to finish a season. I don't care for view-only, and my laptop has been serviceable with ~10-12 leagues running and large database putting all the leagues in the foreground. However I do understand it's not the same for everyone, so I would be fine if France, Holland, and Portugal were view-only to help out. Other eastern European leagues aren't necessary, but if you do want maybe Romania (for sure IMO, best east Europe talent ground), Serbia, Poland, Czech Republic, Croatia etc I would suggest leaving out Portugal, Holland, and France in that order. I'd be fine if Germany was left off too.

Also, I forgot to mention Brazil. Always include Brazil's top division. If I start a game without Brazil, I restart.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, France, Portugal, and Holland seem unnecessary to me. Good players that get produced simply won't come to Russia. On the other hand, Brazilians will, and then I say pick 2 more Eastern Euro nations as well. I think Romania is the best as I said above, but I could see some others, namely Croatia and maybe even Turkey.
                        Last edited by Nimreitz; 13-11-2011, 01:07:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimreitz View Post
                          Kim Jong-Sung is my finest work and if you don't use him I definitely will. Pablo already has a history, we need a new guy. Vladivostok is RIGHT NEXT TO North Korea. North Korea is a total weird ass mystery of a country and it would be fun to have a refugee/privileged person allowed to go abroad particularly with dubious qualifications.

I picked "Pablo Castro from Cuba" because it's just so unusual. Who was the last Cuban footballer you could name? Can you name a single one ever? I can't. North Korea is kind of the same, although a few guys have played abroad in recent years; Hong was at Rostov for a few seasons although doesn't seem to have made a mark. Also the communist link at least ties this all together.

Alex, your league suggestions are preposterous, it would take me months to finish a season. I don't care for view-only, and my laptop has been serviceable with ~10-12 leagues running and large database putting all the leagues in the foreground. However I do understand it's not the same for everyone, so I would be fine if France, Holland, and Portugal were view-only to help out. Other eastern European leagues aren't necessary, but if you do want maybe Romania (for sure IMO, best east Europe talent ground), Serbia, Poland, Czech Republic, Croatia etc I would suggest leaving out Portugal, Holland, and France in that order. I'd be fine if Germany was left off too.

Also, I forgot to mention Brazil. Always include Brazil's top division. If I start a game without Brazil, I restart.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, France, Portugal, and Holland seem unnecessary to me. Good players that get produced simply won't come to Russia. On the other hand, Brazilians will, and then I say pick 2 more Eastern Euro nations as well. I think Romania is the best as I said above, but I could see some others, namely Croatia and maybe even Turkey.
                          Once DLR starts in season 12, and we're winning everything, Good Dutchies and Franchies WILL come to Russia!!

I did get carried away with Leagues, I said that!

View Only is all you need these days - you can add the players you want from the database anyway in the game set up. And as we won't be leaving Russia, why make other leagues playable? If we really want, we can add ability to play it later on.

I'd propose:
                          Playable:
                          Russia: All Tiers
                          View Only:
                          England: EPL, Championship, L1, L2
                          Spain: Two Tiers
                          Italy: Two tiers
                          Germany: Two Tiers
                          France: Two Tiers
                          Holland: Top Tier
                          Portugal: Top Tier
                          Ukraine: Top Tier
                          Belarus: Top Tier
                          Brazil: Top Tier

Do we want Romania and Czech? I think no?

Then DB: Large + Players from Top Division Clubs in Europe + Current International Players: South America, Europe, Asia, North America and Africa.

Last thing before I start the game, what is the limit on years as Sugar Daddy?

Dan - I've been talked into the Kim Jong thing. Forgot about proximity to North Korea. That said, he (or another family member) could make a really good chairman too??

Comment

This guy could be a good Chairman too:
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Nikolayev

Comment

Is it safe to assume Dan (as initial game creator) or Az (this thread started) are playing first (and second?) season??

Comment

Basically ready to go. I made a couple of the big Rusian Premier League sides have chairmen that were background or foreground sugar daddies (only 2-4 clubs - not telling which but it should become obvious!). But don't want to give them money at this stage, incase they start buying crazy straight away. Either way, it should make it harder for us to compete, should we get promoted to the top flight.....and it should make it so once we start competing in Europe, the others can compete with us still...

I also through in a couple of hidden secrets - like a Champions League kit (doesn't change from our normal one much) which we'll wear once we're in the Champions League, and a special 2017 kit, for the 100th anniversary of the Russian Revolution (hey it's the far far east, right near North Korea and China!?). Not so hidden any more. I hope they work. I think there is one more little hidden thing I did. Nothing that will effect the game in anyway though!

Comment

Working...
                                X