No announcement yet.

SG Succession Game - Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think seeing that it's mostly us that know each other that will join, that no one will be gay enough to cheat.

Comment

I think community games are harder to build, as every year a new guy brings new tactics, wants to play in a different way, and the guys he wants to buy/sell (ie. who is important to his formation etc) changes. Plans change, so different things are required. It therefore makes it easier to play from the bottom in a game by yourself (in my eyes).

I'd like to think we wouldn't cheat, because it's a community game, but I still have my major doubts about taking someone like Vladivostok to be a competitor in Europe, which we'd need to do if we're going to use DLR at all. It would take years and years of building.

There is no way in the world we would have taken a side like Chelmsford to the top (at least not in any feasible amount of time) without Sugar Daddy. Read LLM stories on the FM forums, and it takes much much longer than that to get near the top. And without going near the top DLR won't come into play anyway.

Comment

Extremely interested perhaps the only reason to convince me to play FM/computer game again. When this is released I will purchase the game, Best news I heard on SG in a while tbh. Where is Bobby when you need him!
        sigpic
        A big thanks to Nady. I miss you blu

Comment

I agree Alex. I mean it's much harder to do it as a community game, but with Chelmsford we still used FM10, which means this game could last like 1,5 years, which IMO gives us plenty of time to at least regularly win the national division.

Comment

Hmmm, I think Alex does have a point. Could be 10 years of "out in the Group Stage again" and that's after 10 years of "still in the 3rd division sponsored by Yugo".

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

Perhaps but realistically that's how it would happen, no? A sugar daddy wouldn't buy a team so low down the ranks, at least not today's sugar daddys.

Comment

Yeah, but it depends a little. If it's in Russia and it's just some idiot with loads of oil money he could decide to make something big of his 'local' team, or his team from when he was a kid. Or whatever.

Either way, it's not 100% realistic, definitely not. But it's more realistic than taking that crap side to the top WITHOUT a sugar daddy. In modern day football, that wouldn't happen. And to be honest, if everyone plays 100% without cheating, I think it'd take a long long time to be playing ok in europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Filipower View Post
                  I agree Alex. I mean it's much harder to do it as a community game, but with Chelmsford we still used FM10, which means this game could last like 1,5 years, which IMO gives us plenty of time to at least regularly win the national division.
                  I was thinking this today actually. It seems once every two years makes more sense for succession game than once every year. However Chelmsford slowed down big time during FM11 being out. There is not much chance of the game still being very popular once FM14 or FM15 (WOW, I'll be 31 then ) are out.

Comment

I don't think I would mind a sugar daddy. We've had loads of fun with Chelmsford, and Nimreitz and I had fun games with MTK and Dukla Prague that way. And in Russia it could be possible. I did some research last year, and some billionaire bought a relatively new club (Krasnodar, founded in 2007) in the Second Division a couple of years ago. They're now in the First Division of Rusland. We could make up a backstory of Luch-Energiya Vladivostok like that (and they're already sponsored by Luch-Energiya), for example a rich port boss (Vladivostok is one of the main ports of the world). Plus the location of Vladivstok is amazing, right by Russia's borders with North Korea and China.

I'm sorry for mentioning Vladivostok all the time :P, but I think it'd be a pretty cool game. If it doesn't happen in the Succession Game, I'm just going to start the game myself.

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
                    2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Juventino View Post
                      I don't think I would mind a sugar daddy. We've had loads of fun with Chelmsford, and Nimreitz and I had fun games with MTK and Dukla Prague that way. And in Russia it could be possible. I did some research last year, and some billionaire bought a relatively new club (Krasnodar, founded in 2007) in the Second Division a couple of years ago. They're now in the First Division of Rusland. We could make up a backstory of Luch-Energiya Vladivostok like that (and they're already sponsored by Luch-Energiya), for example a rich port boss (Vladivostok is one of the main ports of the world). Plus the location of Vladivstok is amazing, right by Russia's borders with North Korea and China.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm sorry for mentioning Vladivostok all the time :P, but I think it'd be a pretty cool game. If it doesn't happen in the Succession Game, I'm just going to start the game myself.
                      Yeah, it's all the oil rich idiots who don't know what to do with they money. It's a hobby for them.

And Vladivostok sounds great to me, because there was an old TV commercial in Australia that mentioned the place

I definitely think if we go sugar daddy, we need to pre-agree when we switch him to background. Like after ten years, 8 years, or if we want we can say something like 'after three years in europe'.

Comment

Have we settled on Russia? I'd prefer a place with relatively lenient foreign player laws, but it's not a big issue. What are the rules for foreign players in Russia?

Ukraine, Poland, Croatia, Romania, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, etc all sound good, too. I think Belgium would be my favorite, but it's quite unimportant.

No one say we should pick Russia because of oil money because that's stupid. We should pick based on the game aspects, not based on the believability of a made-up backstory.

Comment

Hahaha imagine the poor bastards from Spain or somewhere having to fly to basically Japan to play a Champions League tie!

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael View Post
                            Have we settled on Russia? I'd prefer a place with relatively lenient foreign player laws, but it's not a big issue. What are the rules for foreign players in Russia?

Ukraine, Poland, Croatia, Romania, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, etc all sound good, too. I think Belgium would be my favorite, but it's quite unimportant.

No one say we should pick Russia because of oil money because that's stupid. We should pick based on the game aspects, not based on the believability of a made-up backstory.
                            Yeah definitely agree. But Russia is also good because of the idea of playing in Vladivostok :P

And, as someone mentioned before, it's also part of the fun that we go to a League that has some teams that used to be big clubs. With DLR, and us winning europe (and hopefully making some of the other big clubs in that nation rich too) then they could also return to past glories a bit.

Russia has some big clubs.

Comment

PS. I'm a bit anal, and if we do go with this, can I create the game? I'm happy not to play first (or even second) season, but I'd like to do it to set up the sugar daddy thing, and also the size of the DB (can we run a fairly big one - i hate having loads of players not there) and also to get rid of the fake Japan, etc.

Comment

Yes, I agree Az & Alex, I prefer Russia because of Vladivostok and the numerous possible rivalries (Zenit, Spartak, CSKA, Lokomotiv, Anzhi, you name 'em), not for the game to be realistic with a sugar daddy.

Belgium is too bleh in my opinion. Is it even a real country? I heard it might be a hoax and that when you cross the southern border of Holland you'll be in France. But really, Belgium's like Switzerland, nobody cares.

We could start a game in what used to be Transylvania... Romania, that is. Count Dracula buying up a football team, hehehe.

PS. Night games only in Transylvania!

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
                                2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X