Filipe Ribeiro, genius at play.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filipe Ribeiro, genius at play.

I found this over at SortItOutSI, and the brutal brilliance of it made me want to try it.

What is it?

What is The Pentagon? Well its this, you start unemployed with a Sunday League reputation and you try to win all five continental Champions Leagues(European Champions League, South American Champions League, Asian Champions League, African Champions League and North American Champions League) in one save game.

Once you win all five your status will be cemented as some sort of FM God.

Additional Info

There are three other elements to The Pentagon that you can add if you want.

1. Sustainable Management - You keep things financially realistic. Only spending what you have, living within your means, not spending huge, unrealistic amounts. If you want added spice you can try and make a profit on transfers every season.
    2. Nationalistic Management - You sign no foreigners. So if you're in Russia you only sign Russians, if you're in Brazil you only sign Brazilians, etc
    3. APLA - Anti Premier League Alliance You don't load England in your game. You totally avoid it. Only real men don't load England.

I can't promise I will abide to this three extra rules - I'll definitely load England -, but I'll try my best to be nationalistic and sustainable!

Haven't even started the save yet, just letting you guys know what I'm up to! This may take me until June 2011 to do, love it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--> Jump to the Juve story! <--

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--> The Melun Adventure! <--
    Last edited by Filipower; 13-12-2011, 12:10:AM.

Sounds awesome! I can't believe I've never paid attention to these ''other'' Champions Leagues before. Winning the UEFA Champions League for the gazillionth time with Juventus isn't everything... These competitions should make for a fun challenge.

Good luck and I'm looking forward to your updates.

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
    2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Comment

So I've loaded up 26 countries, but only the first leagues in each one - it'll probably reduce the game time a bit: if I can get a club, at least it'll be in the top-tier.

The first season will probably bore the **** out of me, though, haha.

My plans are:
      Win the UEFA CL first, that'll boost the rep and make getting top clubs on the other continents easier. Still, I'm guessing 3 to 5 seasons before I can challenge for a European win.
      If I can I'll take a NT job, always helps, plus the WC, Euro, CAN and all always seem fairly easy.

Comment

I really like this idea. It's also really brought home to me how little FM I have played outside Europe.

I will try it next time I have a LOT of time on my hands. Wont be using the additional rules though - spending clubs into administration is my managerial trademark.

Comment

Originally posted by Filipower View Post
          So I've loaded up 26 countries, but only the first leagues in each one - it'll probably reduce the game time a bit: if I can get a club, at least it'll be in the top-tier.

The first season will probably bore the **** out of me, though, haha.

My plans are:
          Win the UEFA CL first, that'll boost the rep and make getting top clubs on the other continents easier. Still, I'm guessing 3 to 5 seasons before I can challenge for a European win.
          If I can I'll take a NT job, always helps, plus the WC, Euro, CAN and all always seem fairly easy.
          Do you plan to really focus on the first club you get and try to win the CL with that, or are you going to try to climb to a big european club and then take on the CL fully?

Comment

It really depends on what that club is. I reckon I'll jump from club to club until I land one with whom I can win it; because the purpose is winning all five, and not build up to win one...

Comment

Originally posted by Filipower View Post
              It really depends on what that club is. I reckon I'll jump from club to club until I land one with whom I can win it; because the purpose is winning all five, and not build up to win one...
              Exactly - and you dont want to sign up all the best young players to one club just for them to get too expensive for you to bring to your next!

Comment

Would be interesting to try and win all the national tournies as well.

Comment

btw, do you know what happens in FM if you're in a club and get relegated but don't have the lower division playable?

(this comes to mind because I've just applied for a job at Almerķa in January and they're sitting bottom of La Liga and I don't have Adelante)

Comment

Save the game on two seperate files and get yourself purposefully relegated on one. And tell us. Or just take over a relegated club on the last day.

Comment

Yeah, sounds like the type of thing I'd spend my time on. I'll Google it some time.

Comment

You get fired. At least I did.

-- Thanks to SteauA for the sig, I'll never change it.--

Comment

Aye, you get fired.

Btw, on the second season already and still no club. Figures. The fact that I'm Portuguese with no other nationality doesn't help!

Comment

I think it's down to your reputation. If you create your manager profile with an ''automatic'' reputation I think you start out without any reputation at all in the football world. You could've adjusted it to ''professional'' or ''international footballer'' so it's easier to get a job.

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
                            2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Comment

That's the thing, the challenge is to have a Sunday League rep. My mistake was not loading lower divisions...

Comment

Working...
                              X