No announcement yet.

Chelmsford City Succession Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problemo, downloading it now, will have some updates later today or tomorrow

Comment

It should be a fun task. Some aging legs in there. Moody bastards too haha.

Comment

I think it might make more sense to stop the games on June 1st instead of July 1st. Do you guys agree?

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

That's exactly where Seán left it

Comment

Alright, we'll do that from now on. I'll edit the first post.

Comment

So, "new" Manager, new season. And a whole new approach. First off I went through the Staff room and revamped it, upgrading our training system and giving it a few more stars by signing new coaches.

Next up we have the new tactical system for the upcoming season; Sean's was probably a bit too avant garde for the League Two, and I'm more comfortable with this tactic since I used it in my Leeds game.

As you can see Merida's going to have a crucial role on the left, with Elkram still being essential on the center, supporting Kevin Phillips who has been great so far, despite the age.

Speaking of age, the club has taken a new direction concerning players. We have signed great, but young talent; and disposed of a few golden oldies. Some retired, some were simply let go, some are on the transfer list. This is our activity on the transfer market so far:

Still quite below the 5M given by the board for the new season (at the ambitious proposal of a top-half finish.)

The three new players brought in were as follows:

From Man Utd, a great youngster who hopefully will take control of the midfield as our box-to-box.

As another backup for the important midfield role, we have

Brought from Chelsea as a good prospect, we'll see if he can be useful.

And finally,

As we desperately needed to re-enforce the right side of the defence (Colin Wilde and Dale Bennett are very young and not so good).

Now, the pre-season is done and these were the results. Fairly good ones considering the closeness of the games and the change in tactics/players. We got West Brom in the first round of the Carling Cup, which could be better, but we'll see.

So, all in all, a good start in the pre-season, still too early to really have any idea, and we still must dive in the transfer market (I've tried all sorts of deals for great youngsters but the reputation of club/league is very poor). We really need a goalkeeper and possibly another winger.

Reactions?

Comment

I like it. I didn't bother with coaches and training because I didn't think any player on the Blue Square South team would be with us in a couple years, so I'm glad that someone finally did it. The signings look good, and the team looks like it's coming together a little.

Comment

And here's the much needed keeper. Our scout (I also bought a new one, along with a new physio) says he's much better than Söderberg. Pricey, let's see if he steps up to the price tag.

edit: First game of the season, 3-1 win.

Comment

Unfortunately a Championship team is much too strong for us. Very good game though, Cech's goal was a consequence of the all-out attack after Diao's goal. Still a pretty good performance from the team, and they did have Scott Carson who is insane in goal.

Comment

I found that you can get decent guys in for 3 month loans.
                      Good to see you're going for youth. Definitely needed. Good to see you fixed the training/coaches as well. I got the academy/training facilities upgraded before I left so hopefully it will start producing new talent.

Not bad for our first ever Carling Cup game. Looking forward to the FA Cup. I challenge you to beat my 3rd Round run .

Comment

This concludes the youth revolution. We also had the first loss of the official season, but it's still very much early (3 games I think). Let's go Chelmsford!

Comment

First penalties I've managed the team in, players responded great even though we had only three decent scorers on the field. Lonergan was the star of the tie-break saving two penalties, which was nice.

It was also a chance to use some less used players, and even a fairly promising youngster, John Bartley, who broke the record for younger player ever for the club.
                          Last edited by Filipower; 02-08-2010, 08:13:PM.

Comment

Jesus Christ SI. It's not even October yet. Plus Kevin Phillips has been on and off (more off than on), and Caldwell and Lonergan recently also got injured. F*ck. Actually getting a point was fantastic.

Last edited by Filipower; 03-08-2010, 08:41:PM.

Comment

Sorry guys a few problems have kept me from finishing it, but I'm now making up for lost time. I'm in March already, might finish it today or tomorrow

So far it's been shyte. I mean I've managed to keep us in the race for the Playoff, but the amount of injuries has just ruined this season completely. SI need to do something about this issue. Kevin Phillips is constantly injured, when he's not he's bagging hattricks so you see how he's missed. At one point we had Eikrem, Rooney, Phillips, Mérida, Cladwell and McCann all injured at the same time. Fortunately I've brought a young offensive midfielder in January who helped bag some important goals in a much needed time... We fell in the FA Cup against Tottenham, impossible to beat them I didn't try much, and the Johnstone's trophy I couldn't care less...

So, that's that for now, and sorry again...

Comment

Kevin Phillips is old as **** man, it would be more unrealistic if he was healthy all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X