This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm not bothered.

It's nice to see that I'm not such a shoddy manager, and that I can actually defeat teams which are better than mine, a situation I don't have to worry about with Chelsea. Beat Spain 1-0 in the group stages and then trampled Nigera 4-0. Russia actually have a very gifted side. I highly recommend guys like Torbinskiy, Dzagoev, Temnikov, Shishkin, Sedov and Progbenyak. I don't think I should even have to talk about Arshavin, Zhirkov and Akinfeev. Lifesavers. Akinfeev's penalty-save was one of the best moments I've experienced in FM. Although he had some help:

Always place your defenders IN the area for penalties.

I'm also top of my WCQ group having beaten Serbia once and Germany twice.

Fyi, how do you change the Germany real-plkayer setting? I did it when I installed the game, but the version's been uypdated and now it's gone back. Any help?

EDIT: Barcelona have enquired for Bojan, and I told them to bid 30m, which they did. I don't need the money, and he's already adapted and is improving. I could always got someone else, and I have Sahar and Di Santo who could take his place as 3rd choice, but he's still better than them and as I said, I don't the money. I've offered him to other clubs for 50m. Any advice welcome.

Last edited by Azrael; 09-06-2009, 10:51:PM.

Comment

30m? Is that a joke? Dude, this isn't real life, you better seriously jack up that price. When I was at Shakhtar I set my asking price for Marquinhos at 63m. I've sold backups (and not backups with the skill and youth of Bojan) for 25m easy.

Pogrebnyak, by the way, is the perfect Total Football striker. He combines passing, work rate, stamina, and all that good stuff, plus he can finish and he can tackle and win the ball. I recommend having him close down all over the pitch and on hard tackling. He can be a target man too.

To get Germany real, delete the fake.lnc file from your current database. It's possible that you deleted it from the original database, but not from the 9.3.0 database. Sadly your current save is going to have the fake German players. Same **** happened to me in my Shakhtar game.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

Anyone got any tips to improve squad harmony? I'm using Lazio at the moment and Cesar whose contract i'm gonna let run out at the end of the season and Mourad Meghni who's part of the squad rotation are constantly making noise about not playing. As a result the board ain't too happy with the squad harmpny.

Comment

Win games is the obvious one. If you can stop them from complaining or sell them, that'd work too. Oh, and squad stability gets you a squad that would 'die for one another'. Try limiting your spending if you can. I generally buy all the players I need in the first two seasons and after that I abstain until I need to refresh the squad.

But yeah, win games.

Comment

If the squad harmony is extremely low you can have the team captain order a team meeting.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Comment

Really? Never seen that.

Comment

Oh my!

Comment

I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael View Post
                    I don't get it.
                    That's probably because you haven't played anything before FM 2005.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"

Comment

Indeed, I haven't.

Comment

Haha

I like how Freddy Guarn and Evandro Roncatto are playing in Portugal now

Comment

someone should really starting digging for one of them fakes threads

Comment

Maxim!

we ride together

Comment

how the hell am I going to keep this guy?

Attached Files
                              Last edited by theo; 11-06-2009, 07:02:PM.

Comment

Guys, need help. My team is absolutely horrendous in away games against big teams. I may have a great season, with lots of goals scored, few conceded, but when it comes to play against Porto or Sporting, I'm humiliated. My team can only create one or two chances in a game, and if it isn't for my GK I could easily lose by 6 or 7 every game.

For instance, I played Arsenal for CL, won 3-1 at home, could be more also. And lost 5-0 at Emirates, and that was not to much...

I've also changed my tactics quite a few times, using a more defensive one, using a normal 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1, whatever, I don't the problem is about the formation, it gotta be something about the team instructions, but I don't know what it is...

Comment

Working...
                                X