Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has FIFA dissapointed you in the past?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My opinion is I didn't like FIFA 04 because it should be called UEFA 04 I want to see more out of Europe leagues, clubs and nations.

That's all!!!

Comment

The game is always a big promise, and it ends up dissappointing. I thought 2003 was bad, but then I played 2004. The game is too predictable, too choppy, and too plain. If something cool is added, be guaranteed that it won't be in it the year after. It always seems to be the same problem; lack of variety, last year the big dissappointment was career mode, it was too short and it felt like you were playing a radom exhibition game. Also, online was just awful. Connecting more than once was a miracle, if it happened, and the pinball feel is still there, even tough its been "fixed" several times.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek

Comment

Gameplay since FIFA 2000 has gone down.
        I'd want the A1 to be much more ruthless and make sure the human player can never beat the A1 ever. I'd also like if there is a way, to have defenders become more involved with attacking, not just on set pieces, but open play eg counter attack, breakaways & etc.

I liked the crowd detail from 2003, how you could identify the away fans section from the home fans. (Away fans at the Anfield Road end at Anfield). Yet in 2004, all I can see is the Away fans flags,but not the away fans. Why take the good detail away?
        http://members.optusnet.com.au/chulloran/Images/lfcsig.gif

Comment

Originally posted by valioso
          ratio, players-goals-balls size is always pretty bad. Tackle system is pretty laughable for the most part, you always get the same reaction when you do something in a specific part of the pitch, be a goal, almost a goal, goalie save.. you know what you get before the ball even comes out of your player. Off the ball was dissapointing, because it was 100% accurate when you float the ball to your player chest with no way for the defender to intercept until after the control. Dribbling is pretty random at times it seems. Shooting , 10 years and still no curve.. c'mon! They try to cater too much to the easy to pick up.. but is never hard to master, gets boring quick. Too many sweet spots.
          Wow Wow Listen to this man

Originally posted by diroix
          I'm waiting Champions League Ribery will be the star of CL..I think he is the one best wingers in the world..

Fenerbahcem Sen Cok yasa.
          Forza Brazilian Ronaldo, MUCH LOVE.
          Haydi Turkiyem, Turkiye Firtinasi Almanya Yolunda.

Comment

Here is my 50cents...

Gameplay:
            - When I run (not sprint) after the ball and the player gets the ball, in that exact moment I lose the enitre player control, it won't turn around at all no mater how much I press left, right, up down. This lasts for only 3-5 sec, but that is enough time for the other player to take your ball.
            - I hate it when I press e.g. the pass button twice or too fast, then the other player that is recieving the ball shoots it for some reason, and the ball goes nowhere - very anoying.... it's like the buttons you press get memorised and executed when the other player recieves it.

Graphics:
            - The Kit template needs improvement. The parts around the collar, the brad and the badge area get all smudged out. it wasn't like this before...
            - Where did the flairs go?

Animations:
            - Substitute animations! they need to be like in FIFA 2000

Comment

i think Fifa has to be slowed down, fifa 2004 felt way too quick!! goal keepers need improving big time. they stand on there line too much. when a players goes through on goal the keepers need to try and close the angle down. corners need to be changed as having 3 players in the box is not realistic at all.

gotta sort out left footed players hitting ball with right foot at the same level. why are the players both footed. this is a simple error that needs to be sorted.

some people like the current crossing system but i think it sucks. i think EA should get rid of it and put in a new system. i dont wanna judge the power myself. should just make it one button for normal cross, 2 button for near post and 3 button press for low cross across the floor. that is the best way.

200mph shots need to be axed, it is too easy to score from outside the box.
              Khilafah!! Khilafah!! Khilafah!!

http://www.hizb.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by kobashi

some people like the current crossing system but i think it sucks. i think EA should get rid of it and put in a new system. i dont wanna judge the power myself. should just make it one button for normal cross, 2 button for near post and 3 button press for low cross across the floor. that is the best way.
                What's the challenge in that?

Comment

i agree, it would be too easy to score that way.
                  Davids+ Del Piero Rock

Comment

in pes3 you can cross the ball the same way, 1 normal 2 for near post 3 low cross, and its brellant! is hard to score and so realystic. thats why fifa need to learn how to make enoyble gameplay. not the same boring staff evry year. i hope they will renew the gameplay with more animation better passing crossing shots drebbling more movment to feal the real football game.
                    i wos so desepointit with evry thing in fifa 2004 coz of the ball was crap! and i don't want ea to let as down agen like last year.

Comment

as much as i hated fifa, i think this year will be better. and i dont say this every year sp u know im not playin. i saw a video trailer for the game and the new first touch combined with the off the ball control is making this game a very promising one. i just think u will have to see it for your self. http://fifa2005.ea.com./index_flash.php?locale=uk
                      http://fifa2005.ea.com./index_flash.php?locale=uk

go to downloads and then watch for your self.

another thing that i thnk would be good is if they made the fields appear wider so that when switching the point of attack it will have a major effecrt on the opppsing defense. and we should see the difference in speeds of players. i mean henry shoudl be able to out run everybody with the ball.

Comment

Please bring all the teams to have some tactic lesson.so that they know where they should be and where they should go. i hate using "Q" to ask my players to run one by one.can i make my own formation? free style dribbling is a stupid thing in uefa2004

Comment

yeah i know the shots sucks it happens to me in my games that i play... the corner kicks are bad too i don't really like the view
                          ***======FORZA ITALIA=======

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldo9
                            in pes3 you can cross the ball the same way, 1 normal 2 for near post 3 low cross, and its brellant! is hard to score and so realystic. thats why fifa need to learn how to make enoyble gameplay. not the same boring staff evry year. i hope they will renew the gameplay with more animation better passing crossing shots drebbling more movment to feal the real football game.
                            i wos so desepointit with evry thing in fifa 2004 coz of the ball was crap! and i don't want ea to let as down agen like last year.
                            exactly, this is the system in Winning Eleven and it works great!!
                            Khilafah!! Khilafah!! Khilafah!!

http://www.hizb.org.uk/

Comment

Not enough front end options, plus some top teams are always missing.

Comment

I don't have the time or energy to fully explain ALL the horribly dissapointing details of past FIFA's. I could write a 2,000 word essay BRIEFLY outlining FIFA's hideaous shortcomings, from physics, to graphics to realism and gameplay...

constructive? what's the use, EA still produces whatever they like every year
                                ZRINJSKI MOSTAR !!

Comment

Working...
                                X