Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Career Mode 2005 Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Queiroz was already an assistant coach at Man U.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by valioso
      Queiroz was already an assistant coach at Man U.
      Assistant being the operative word there. I mean we are talking about a video game here. Since we don't have the option to do so, we can use our imaginations a bit and say that you could have been an assistant before. I mean managers don't just fall from the sky, or do they?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by smokey23
        Yes, but just playing a season and playing a career are two totally different things obviously. It says on the website "build the greatest dynasty." I want to build the greatest dynasty with my favorite teams, not some 3rd division team I've never even seen play. Look, like I said before, it sounds cool in some ways, and I would do it, but what's wrong with having the option to start with whomever you want. No one can give a reason why, because there isn't one. And new managers do sometimes start with the big boys... Quieroz?
        i agree.

        if ea really wanted to make it they way they (supposedly) did

        they could at least make it an unlockable at the ea store.
        or you could play as whatever team once you finish normal carreer mode...
        Davids+ Del Piero Rock

        Comment


        • #19
          If it is gonna be the way that it is, then I am hoping that you receive multiple job offers after each season. Not just one. This was a problem with NCAA Football Dynasty Mode that took a couple of years to fix. Great managers receive several offers each year, including offers that are unspoken, like obviously Arsene Wenger could have any job he wanted in the world right now.
          In NCAA, once you reach a level of prestige, you can quit your current job and move to a lower prestige team (say you have 5-star manager prestige, you can quit and move to any 4-star team). Team prestige and manager prestige are different entities.
          Last edited by smokey23; 27-08-2004, 12:33:AM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Does any one know whether throughout the career players will retire and new ones will appear or will you be stuck with the same sqaud for the full 15 years?

            Comment


            • #21
              Players will retire and new ones will be generated, although there hasn't been an explanation on how you will get the new players for your squad.

              Comment


              • #22
                Probably the attributes and the age will be set and you create the rest.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by El Diablo Rojo
                  Probably the attributes and the age will be set and you create the rest.
                  Well you will certainly be able to edit their gear, but I'm not sure about anything else. But I was more talking about how we will get them for our squad. Will they automatically be placed on our team, like they are coming from our youth team, or will we have to buy them from some sort of free agent pool? Or both?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Maybe an option called like "Call from the young team", or something of the sort.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      they even said the commentators would mention more specific things in carreer mode like new signing injuries and stuff
                      Davids+ Del Piero Rock

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Not as worried anymore after watching the producer diary 4, He talked about career mode for a little bit and he never once specified that you MUST start with a lower division team, this is a good sign but its not set in stone I'm still pretty worried...

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by NUFC7
                          Not as worried anymore after watching the producer diary 4, He talked about career mode for a little bit and he never once specified that you MUST start with a lower division team, this is a good sign but its not set in stone I'm still pretty worried...
                          Actually, I don't think you looked very close man. If you read the thing that comes up when he enters career mode, it says that as you go along, if you do well, teams of increasing stature will ask you to become their manager. And he starts as Bury. It looks like you will have to start with a lower side. But it actually looks really cool. I hope they use the newspaper (The Daily Star) feature a lot. Like for big victories, qualifying for Europe, or new signings, and not just when you get hired. That would be really cool. And the new visual sim looks great, I am very, very glad they included that feature. It will allow us to get through those early seasons with lower squads faster and move on to the big boys. And the career mode interface looks so much better too.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by smokey23
                            Actually, I don't think you looked very close man. If you read the thing that comes up when he enters career mode, it says that as you go along, if you do well, teams of increasing stature will ask you to become their manager. And he starts as Bury. It looks like you will have to start with a lower side. But it actually looks really cool. I hope they use the newspaper (The Daily Star) feature a lot. Like for big victories, qualifying for Europe, or new signings, and not just when you get hired. That would be really cool. And the new visual sim looks great, I am very, very glad they included that feature. It will allow us to get through those early seasons with lower squads faster and move on to the big boys. And the career mode interface looks so much better too.
                            I just wanna play all 15 seasons with NUFC... thats all I want, and i want it to be DEEP and COOL, AND FUN AS HELL!!! I know that supposevly I WONT be able to do this, but they also said the same thing last year, and I never even got any offers from clubs after winning the treble several times... So hopefully Danny Issac the prophet will be wrong again , hey it happened last year...

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I'm with you man. I would just like the option of being who I want, but it looks like it is too late to go back now. You will have to work your way up to leading the Magpies.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                One thing I noticed in the Spanish Campus video is that Serie A was in one of the regions when he was selecting his team to start with. So maybe there are some bigger clubs available to start with. I couldn't see all the regions, but I'm guessing that you can pick some clubs in the top divisions, but probably not the bigger clubs like ManU or Arsenal. So at least we don't have to start with strictly like Nationwide teams.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X