X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual careers

Hi guys...

It's been a while...so I thought I would go ahead and update you all on my 2 careers. My strategy of going on to larger teams in a quest for more silverware came up trumps. At Rangers, I won the SPL raqther handily...but due to my glitch, I wasn't able to play my games in the UEFA Cup...so I lost out in the group stages...and the computer made my sim my Scottish Cup final against Celtic...and they blitzed me 2-0. At the end of the season...I was hoping to move on to the Premiership, but 'Spurs was my best offer...so I stayed with Rangers...sold Prso who had missed the last half of the season through injury...and acquired Mutu from Inter. He's absolutely running riot in the SPL. I'm only 3-4-0...because the glitch is coming up and making me sim a lot of league games. I'm still in first place though in a tie with Aberdeen. I lost my Champions League play-in in the third round to Real Madrid in a 5-4 thriller tie...a 4-3 loss at the Bernabeu...and a 1-1 draw at Ibrox. But I was glad to see that the game put the third round losers into the UEFA Cup. I have Liverpool in my group...but have beaten them 2-3 at Anfield...so things are going well at Rangers.

At Ajax, I won the league by 30 points over PSV...also won the Champions League with an easy 3-1 route of Inter. I missed out on the Dutch Cup...holding my best players back in the semi-finals with a champions league semi-final coming up. I then lost PSV in the final game of the league season...and saw my approval rating with the board go from 95% down to 85%. So since the board was so upset at losing a meaningless game at the end of a season of triumph...I ditched Ajax in the closed season. Went job hunting in the Spanish and Italian Leagues. After many attempts, I finally got a decent offer...from Inter. They're in the UEFA Cup group stages despite reaching the champions league final the year before...but that's fine...I have a pretty easy group...and should be able to lock up the Cup. Oh...you English fans will be happy to note that Yeovil and Barnett are in the 2007-2008 UEFA Cup...
    I'm off to a flying start in Serie A at 6-2-0...Adriano is absolutely wonderful to have on my team...but the whole team is dangerous. Three defenders have already scored goals...two off corners...and one from open play.

Glad to see other folks still starting up new careers...I'm still having a great time and look forward to hearing about other careers.

Cheers,
    mutiger
    "Oedipus, as you know, is the tragic Greek king who killed his father and married his mother a sequence of events that seldom turns out well."

-NBC commentator Bob Costas' summation of Oedipus Rex during coverage of the Olympic opening ceremonies.

Comment

• I will not be starting my new career just yet, as I am going to make a roster update for 05/06.

Comment

• sounds good to me

do you plan on releasing it?

Comment

• Originally posted by mixed_boy
          I will not be starting my new career just yet, as I am going to make a roster update for 05/06.
          finally will u be uploading it??

SIG BY ANTHONY

Comment

• Got a question about the ecc cup

if finished 3rd this year in the group will i still play efa?

Comment

• can anybody tell me what happens when you actually finish the game..........
              like career mode

Comment

• I posted it else where having not seen this thread but here's mine.

I'm playing as Celtic with a 4-3-1-2.
                ------------------Walker---------------
                ---Balde----Valgearen----Kennedy---Varga
                ---Agathe------Lennon--------Thompson
                ----------------Juninho-----------------
                -------Hartson-----------Sutton------

Subs:
                GK: Marshall
                DF:McNamara
                MF: Petrov
                MF: Teale
                ST: Camara

Transfers Out:
                GK: Robert Douglas to Rangers
                MF: Mohammed Sylla to Rangers

Transfers in:
                GK: James Walker from West Ham
                MF: Gary Teale from Wigan (a decent replacement for Neil Lennon when he retires)

Scorers:
                John Hartson - 15
                Chris Sutton - 11
                Juninho - 4
                Henri Camara - 2
                Neil Lennon -2

I signed James Walker from West Ham to replace Robert Douglas who I sold to Rangers. Walker was a bit shaky and leaked a couple of goals but Marshall showed the same trait while Walker got better with appearances and became number 1. If I run away with the league I will give Marshall another chance.
                I am currently sitting top of the SPL with a record of nine wins, no draws and no losses.
                R.I.P. PHIL O'DONNELL

Comment

• Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted lately. Now I have almost completed the transfer update after a very long break from my PC, hopefully I'll post it up within the next week or so. But I'm wondering if anyone actually wants it now FIFA 06 is coming out?

Comment

• Originally posted by mixed_boy
                    Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted lately. Now I have almost completed the transfer update after a very long break from my PC, hopefully I'll post it up within the next week or so. But I'm wondering if anyone actually wants it now FIFA 06 is coming out?
                    i wouln't mind if you would post it.....cuz i'll be gettin' 06 after a few more weeks

SIG BY ANTHONY

Comment

• Alright, I'll do my best, as I'm quite hooked up on the new demos at the moment.

Comment

• sure no probs

SIG BY ANTHONY

Comment

• In my first season (2004/2005) with Celtic I am now in the January transfer window and have signed Andriy Shevchenko from AC Milan and he scored four on his debut in a 6-0 win against Kilmarnock. I still have my 100% record in the league and cup and am 20 points clear at top of SPL.
                          I have no idea why Shevchenko accepted my offer to join Celtic, I thought all the top class players were unatainable in your first season.
                          R.I.P. PHIL O'DONNELL

Comment

• Originally posted by Honest Man
                            I thought all the top class players were unatainable in your first season.

luck i guess

Comment

• I'm up to my third season now. I'm now managing PSV and I still have Van Bommel and Vennegoor of Hesselink. In my second season, I was managing Parma and I had a striker who had half a star yet he had a better scoring average than Gilardino.
                              FORZA AZZURRI!

Comment

• in FIFA 2005 i usually played with Chester from League Two. I knew one really good,might be best cheat ever!!
                                1. transfer the strongest players into team,with who you like to play career! (players like Henry,Ronaldo,Zidane...) (max 10 players)
                                2. go and change this club squad...like this(put all these strong players into reserves places and weak players to line-up)
                                3. go to career mode and take this club and change your squad (put all strong players to line-up and weak players to reserves)
                                4 win all the titles and matches with high score!!!

My career one season goal scoring record was by Roy Makaay(Chester) - over 200 goals
                                I think its incredible trick for improve your gameplay!! and you get to strong your team much quicker than buying players in from other clubs ( in transfer market)

That's my idea for better FIFA 2005 !!!
                                Cheers!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X