Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Someone Tell Me Why Modding Has Died With FIFA 17?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ModdingWayAriel View Post
    It works with anyone but you have to clean the squad files from EA. I mean certain database need to delete some garbage lines at the end of most tables like players, loans, etc.
    When I try to edit my own squads file (not the moddingway ones), I have a problem when the converter tool try to convert the edited extracted DB to squads file; it says: "No database to convert".

I think it could be related with those "garbage" lines at the end of the tables (those lines with 0 and 1 or strange characters). Can you explain how to edit the squads file in order to make readable by the game?

Comment

Ignorant me, I thought a game engine only affected graphical presentation. I didn't understand why you couldn't add competitions and leagues and stuff. But I guess database work is also affected by the transition to frostbite?

Comment

Originally posted by ::..Federico Debla..::;3981997[B
        ]Before we know it, the community will be up and running full speed again.[/B]
        All it takes is one big breakthrough and then it will all begin.
        I guess you were wrong lol.

Not the one I hoped for. No more Ronaldo in Brazil...
        Originally posted by 4ndr3i
        So someone had the audacity to neg me in this thread.

This is unacceptable!!! You have 24 hours to come clean and apologize and be all like "Sorry Andrei, won't happen again.. I messed up.. wanted it to be green.. etc"

If not I will do my own investigation and will show no mercy for the unfortunate soul. I already have a list of suspects.
        http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16056

Comment

I am currently knowledgeable in web development languages such as HTML and CSS. I also know Javascript and currently learning Python. When I get a chance I'll delve into C++ and C# to help out into finding a way into frostbite. Regularcats is completely right. This thread has become a forum filled with consumers and little to no modders. If we want to keep this awesome FIFA modding community alive and not become console slaves and sheep we need to get of our asses and do some work. If we have enough time to sit down and whine about the lack of mods and or time to play fifa I am pretty sure we have time to do the research learn to code and rise from the ashes. Lets go people, what are you still doing reading this comment??? Get off your lazy butts and get to work!

Comment

you make great work ..for myself i have no Idea with Programming .. if i Had know programming i would help ... but i Cant
            Its not Allowed to upload my Files without asking me
            A thank you is allowed when you downloaded a file from me

Comment

Like PES in consoles. PES allows to import kits, change the database, add teams logos, etc. With that you can encourage again modders to contribute to the game and help to fill the gaps missing because of the lack of licenses.
              They did it before Ignite. You remember the Fifa Creation Center? It was possible to create teams and entire leagues on a flash page on internet and import the data in the game, it was a fantastic tool by EA. Not sure why they stopped it , because of the new engine complexity or of copyrights issue?

It was also possible to add fan chants to the game back there.

Comment

Originally posted by 22FIFA View Post
                I am currently knowledgeable in web development languages such as HTML and CSS. I also know Javascript and currently learning Python. When I get a chance I'll delve into C++ and C# to help out into finding a way into frostbite. Regularcats is completely right. This thread has become a forum filled with consumers and little to no modders. If we want to keep this awesome FIFA modding community alive and not become console slaves and sheep we need to get of our asses and do some work. If we have enough time to sit down and whine about the lack of mods and or time to play fifa I am pretty sure we have time to do the research learn to code and rise from the ashes. Lets go people, what are you still doing reading this comment??? Get off your lazy butts and get to work!
                This is the best commentary ever about this thread. We have to work together for the whole community benefit, not only for personal benefit. I've always thought that patches like ModdingWay Mod ruined the FIFA modding community.
                Many years ago, you had to know how to modify the game if you want to add content like kits, faces, graphics or new leagues in cmp patches. Now, the new generation of players just download the "big" patch and nothing more. They don't care about modding or modders. Big part of the new generation of players are "leechers".
                But the people involved in those big patches they don't want to stop that because they earn a lot of money just for collecting and putting in one file all the things that modders make and share freely in forums. So, we ended here, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by NaFeR View Post
                  This is the best commentary ever about this thread. We have to work together for the whole community benefit, not only for personal benefit. I've always thought that patches like ModdingWay Mod ruined the FIFA modding community.
                  Many years ago, you had to know how to modify the game if you want to add content like kits, faces, graphics or new leagues in cmp patches. Now, the new generation of players just download the "big" patch and nothing more. They don't care about modding or modders. Big part of the new generation of players are "leechers".
                  But the people involved in those big patches they don't want to stop that because they earn a lot of money just for collecting and putting in one file all the things that modders make and share freely in forums. So, we ended here, sadly.
                  Are there really a lot of people downloading patches?

Personally I don't, because it changes the roster and kits and whatnot.

I prefer to just add kits while keeping the original kits intact [I add the new kits as third, fourth kits]. And faces if required.

Man, I added Ronaldo [of Brazil] and 2002 Brazil kit to very game I had lol. Now I can't have him on FiFA 17.

This is unacceptable!!! You have 24 hours to come clean and apologize and be all like "Sorry Andrei, won't happen again.. I messed up.. wanted it to be green.. etc"

If not I will do my own investigation and will show no mercy for the unfortunate soul. I already have a list of suspects.

Comment

Since FIFA 13 I release every year some big patches in the german community "fifaplanet". Since 2013 I often write with players of this patch....here my results:

Originally posted by arayas View Post
                    Look at the number of the threads sience fifa11.

The game is going down, even online it's full of cheaters, bugs and tipical idiotic things from EA.
                    Nope. The reason is simple. The most people are playing on PS4/XBOX One now... I got so many requests like "hey slim, I played your patch in 2013 or 2014 and switched to console... is there a patch for my console?" -> "no" -> "oh, ok.." -> one more mod-user/member of community gone -> less posts/threads about mods.
                    Same to much kitmakers/facemakers. I read sooo often "I went to console" from modders in the last years... same with some of my teammembers for my own patch... and this is demotivating the remaining modders cause they don't get much help and need to wait longer for kits and these stuff!
                    Another reason is the same old shit- career mode / and the hyped FUT Mode! I often hear something like "offline playing is shit... gameplay is shit...caree mode is shit... I play FUT" so FUT is one oft the other reason why.

Originally posted by regularcat View Post
                    The problem is this community over the years has gone from a ratio of 60%-40% modders to downloaders to 10% modders and 90% downloaders and I have been saying this for years.
                    fully agree

Originally posted by Sami 1999 View Post
                    Hopefully it really happens. Hail FiFA modding.

Yeah, why did he became a ghost all of a sudden? Is EA taking down the modders so that we need to buy FiFA every year for new kits and faces?

Cant be a coincidence.
                    He said that after his db-decrypt in FIFA 16 he had personal problems and "left fifa-community for a while"/wasn't online till his comeback...I'm really sure its now the same.

Thats a interesting and right point. I fully respect the work of moddingway!! They are really organized and have a much quality. But yeah your point is right I think. I do the same like Moddingway -> big patches with a installer tool, db selector and all these things... the result are just players who know how to install but nothing more. They never see the filestructure of fifa, if they don't want. They only put some files from a archive to a directory and press some buttons...If they have a bug...they don't research by themself...they ask in a forum and get often a fix or something. The interest of how all these things work going down and thats why we get more players but less modders.
                    Last edited by SlimOntario2033; 19-05-2017, 07:18:AM.
                    http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/eep152v9mag4pc1r.png

Comment

The problem is not less modders guys. Its technology.

Let me put this way. Do you think that in 1998 we were too many when first mods for FIFA appeared ? Or we were too many playing PES 3 ? So how on earth it took only me to discover how to edit PES 3d files for the first time ? Because it was easy. Because it was possible. One guy, with small program, finding something was able to break the games files. Now this is not possible. Technology of Frostbite is so complex that even the most experienced are not able to break it.

Do you think Battlefield community was full of idiots that were not able to break Frostbite ? By far Battlefield community was bigger than FIFA and more complex too. No, they just faced the same engine that we face now and they were not able to mod the game anymore.

This is evolution guys. It will come a time that games will be so complex that unless we have the tools creators use to build their game we wont be able to mod them. For FIFA that time has come. It will come for PES, NBA etc.

Why do you find less threads related to games ? Easy. Consoles. Most of the modders here are "old". Most of the modders here think that the fun of the game is career mode. Well most of the young players believe that the fun of the game is FUT. So end of the game for us. Things have changed. Now FUT is the most important mode, not the career mode as it used to be. If you play FUT you better keep your game without changes. So why mods will be important for young guys ?

Blaming big mods is wrong. Im here since 1999 so I have experience. Ive seen how everything begun and now Im sadly facing hows everything comes to an end. We made big mods during golden era of PES (4,5,6, 2007) at Gamingaccess and probably there were twice of modders that there were in the best FIFA era.

So do not blame the community. Its just evolution.
                      Last edited by ModdingWayAriel; 20-05-2017, 02:09:AM.

Comment

Let me put this way. Do you think that in 1998 we were too many when first mods for FIFA appeared ? Or we were too many playing PES 3 ? So how on earth it took only me to discover how to edit PES 3d files for the first time ? Because it was easy. Because it was possible. One guy, with small program, finding something was able to break the games files. Now this is not possible. Technology of Frostbite is so complex that even the most experienced are not able to break it.

Do you think Battlefield community was full of idiots that were not able to break Frostbite ? By far Battlefield community was bigger than FIFA and more complex too. No, they just faced the same engine that we face now and they were not able to mod the game anymore.

This is evolution guys. It will come a time that games will be so complex that unless we have the tools creators use to build their game we wont be able to mod them. For FIFA that time has come. It will come for PES, NBA etc.

Why do you find less threads related to games ? Easy. Consoles. Most of the modders here are "old". Most of the modders here think that the fun of the game is career mode. Well most of the young players believe that the fun of the game is FUT. So end of the game for us. Things have changed. Now FUT is the most important mode, not the career mode as it used to be. If you play FUT you better keep your game without changes. So why mods will be important for young guys ?

Blaming big mods is wrong. Im here since 1999 so I have experience. Ive seen how everything begun and now Im sadly facing hows everything comes to an end. We made big mods during golden era of PES (4,5,6, 2007) at Gamingaccess and probably there were twice of modders that there were in the best FIFA era.

Only thing we can hope now is that EA adds Kit import option, face import and adding new created players in any team.

Comment

I see your point, but I don't agree with you.

I know that Frostbite is maybe one of the most complex engine used in videogames. But I don't think that FIFA (or Battlefield, or another Frostbite game) is "unmoddable". I mean, there are people out there who were able to crack anti-piracy systems that are by far more complex than Frostbite engine (just in case, I don't support piracy, it's just an example). But the people who knows how to do it are not interested in modify a videogame, because their objective is a higher one. And the modders of videogames we are capable to do a lot of things, but sadly, cracking Frostbite is beyond our possibilities.

Also, there were console gamers during the golden era of FIFA modding, so I don't blame consoles. Maybe FUT, but there are a lot of people who wants better gameplay or plays with their favourite team instead to play FUT.

Comment

I see your point, but I don't agree with you.

I know that Frostbite is maybe one of the most complex engine used in videogames. But I don't think that FIFA (or Battlefield, or another Frostbite game) is "unmoddable". I mean, there are people out there who were able to crack anti-piracy systems that are by far more complex than Frostbite engine (just in case, I don't support piracy, it's just an example). But the people who knows how to do it are not interested in modify a videogame, because their objective is a higher one. And the modders of videogames we are capable to do a lot of things, but sadly, cracking Frostbite is beyond our possibilities.

Also, there were console gamers during the golden era of FIFA modding, so I don't blame consoles. Maybe FUT, but there are a lot of people who wants better gameplay or plays with their favourite team instead to play FUT.
                            Those who crack more complex anti-piracy systems are getting paid, in fifa people only do it for fun and as a hobby. It's not comparable. It's so sad, I miss Revolution Mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepak View Post
                              Those who crack more complex anti-piracy systems are getting paid, in fifa people only do it for fun and as a hobby. It's not comparable. It's so sad, I miss Revolution Mod.
                              I know, that's what I said. They do not care about modding because cracking anti-piracy systems is more "profitable" for those people. But I'm sure that they would be able to crack Frostbite and make modding tools if they want to, so the game is not "unmoddable".

Comment

The problem is to mess development of cracks with making a game moddable. Cracks are just a way to bypass security measures, no more than that. That has nothing to do with the game engine. Its just Denuvo. To add mods we need something even more complex that its to trick the game engine to read from folders. I dont see how that could be possible due to the complex structure of Frostbite. I say this because even if we were able to do that Frostbite does not handle files like we use to know, in fact there arent rx3 files in folders, just textures gathered by chunks and headers from here and there. Since Frostbite wont allow to read from folders you need to import files to cas files. Imagine we were able to do that, every time we import a texture we could probably have to wait several minutes until the cas files are rebuilt.

When they develop the game they just put the stuff on folders and the version of the game they have read from there. The final release, to speed up loading times and avoid a big mess, gathers all files is cas files of 1GB each that, as Ive said, probably takes several minutes to be build each one of those cas files. Then they add the version of the game that read from cas and ready.
                                Last edited by ModdingWayAriel; 22-05-2017, 09:07:PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X