Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Someone Tell Me Why Modding Has Died With FIFA 17?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I still hope someone out there cracks the secret of Frostbite (although I think it was more the addition of The Journey that made the process harder, but it might be just me). Like it's been said, every time FIFA changed the engine and structure, the modding community found a way to make working modding tools. As someone who worked extensively with FEd and Creation Master, I can attest to that, with each version being more and more different than the last to accomodate to the engine changes.
    As far as 08 we didn't need file regeneration to make sure our mods would work, for example. It only came in 11 when the PC version started using the Impact engine from the 7th-gen versions. What's one extra step on modding when you can make it work? Same was for Ignite. Maybe with Frostbite the eggheads will find a different way to regenerate the files, or something like that.

    So I still have hope for next season, because I had an idea of making a FIFA 98-themed mod, and I would be bouncing off the walls if that were possible in time for the 20th anniversary of this game which is still amazing (despite it not having aged that well compared to 99), I still have, and miraculously works on my Windows 10.
    Last edited by Forlan10; 24-03-2017, 05:04:PM.
    Those who rise above the rest are heroes.
    Those who dare to rise even higher are legends.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      FiFA Rtwc 98 won't run on my Windows 10 PC. Because I dont have enough RAM.
      Originally posted by 4ndr3i
      So someone had the audacity to neg me in this thread.

      This is unacceptable!!! You have 24 hours to come clean and apologize and be all like "Sorry Andrei, won't happen again.. I messed up.. wanted it to be green.. etc"

      If not I will do my own investigation and will show no mercy for the unfortunate soul. I already have a list of suspects.
      http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16056

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Sami 1999 View Post
        FiFA Rtwc 98 won't run on my Windows 10 PC. Because I dont have enough RAM.
        Try running it on Compatibility Mode (Windows 98 / ME).
        The menus are a bit slow, but the matches run pretty smoothly.
        Those who rise above the rest are heroes.
        Those who dare to rise even higher are legends.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Look at the number of the threads sience fifa11.



          The game is going down, even online it's full of cheaters, bugs and tipical idiotic things from EA.

          My last one, 17 have a one finger thick dust on it, and it's truly the LAST one.
          I didnt even play two seasons on it. They dont give a dime about career mode or modding. It's that hard to have a "mod" folder like in Sims or whatever, to put your stuff there and enjoy football? No, they are just lazy.
          No modding, no fun. No fun, no money.

          And dont lie to yourself, modding FIFA has ended. For good.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Forlan10 View Post
            Try running it on Compatibility Mode (Windows 98 / ME).
            The menus are a bit slow, but the matches run pretty smoothly.
            Tried it, still get the Insufficient Memory error.

            The game requires atleast 1 GB. But I've got 16 GB, so I cant run the game since I don't have sufficient memory


            Originally posted by arayas View Post
            Look at the number of the threads sience fifa11.



            The game is going down, even online it's full of cheaters, bugs and tipical idiotic things from EA.

            My last one, 17 have a one finger thick dust on it, and it's truly the LAST one.
            I didnt even play two seasons on it. They dont give a dime about career mode or modding. It's that hard to have a "mod" folder like in Sims or whatever, to put your stuff there and enjoy football? No, they are just lazy.
            No modding, no fun. No fun, no money.

            And dont lie to yourself, modding FIFA has ended. For good.
            This is true.

            Since they plan to use Frostbite for the rest of their life, hope is lost.
            Originally posted by 4ndr3i
            So someone had the audacity to neg me in this thread.

            This is unacceptable!!! You have 24 hours to come clean and apologize and be all like "Sorry Andrei, won't happen again.. I messed up.. wanted it to be green.. etc"

            If not I will do my own investigation and will show no mercy for the unfortunate soul. I already have a list of suspects.
            http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16056

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by arayas View Post
              Look at the number of the threads sience fifa11.



              The game is going down, even online it's full of cheaters, bugs and tipical idiotic things from EA.

              My last one, 17 have a one finger thick dust on it, and it's truly the LAST one.
              I didnt even play two seasons on it. They dont give a dime about career mode or modding. It's that hard to have a "mod" folder like in Sims or whatever, to put your stuff there and enjoy football? No, they are just lazy.
              No modding, no fun. No fun, no money.

              And dont lie to yourself, modding FIFA has ended. For good.
              Like you said, in Sims there is a Modfolder, but there are no official brands, licenses or what ever. In Fifa you have sportbrands, teamlogos and other licenses. Therefore EA prohibits modding Fifa. It's not about how lazy the programmers or developers are, it's about the money in the background and about personal rights of companys.

              And it's simply logic when a treat, which exists since several years has more treats and posts than on that exists since some months. It's for people like you, always complaining how shit EA is. I bet you never have writte an sourcecode your own. EA is doing a grat job, it's less than they would be capable, but no one can creat a new, revolutionary game in just one year.

              Stop complaining, start decoding Fifa making it moddable. Just raising issues like a little fool will not change anything.

              Sorry for my english, but i hate reading about how shot Fifa is because there is no modding at this time.
              Fortes et Fidelis pro Rosa

              Comment


              • #22
                EA allows for a mod folder in The Sims then they clearly aren't anti modding.

                The last few years the engine FIFA ran on was easily modified over time because we
                had many members working to make it possible.

                EA's choice to go with Frostbite was a good choice because of what they can do with it, the issue is it is a complex engine and I'm sure if we were capable of cracking it EA would have no issue with it.

                The problem is this community over the years has gone from a ratio of 60%-40% modders to downloaders to 10% modders and 90% downloaders and I have been saying this for years.

                Legends like Rinaldo and MonkeyDragon get older and have lives, careers and children and can no longer dedicate the time they once have, it is time
                for a new group to take over and nobody is stepping up other than shawminator, Arianos and Ariel and they aren't able to do it by themselves.

                Don't blame EA, blame yourself and the rest of the members who never bothered to spend the time or effort to attempt to create anything or do any research into how.

                Had more members done so we would have that much more knowledge and ability to crack this engine open.

                As much as I don't like to stand behind EA due to lust for money and not providing it's consumers with functioning and debugged modes within the game other than FUT, us not being capable of modding the game isn't their fault, it is ours.
                Last edited by regularcat; 08-04-2017, 02:33:PM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Well, the game is on Par with Consoles. That's why I keep buying it now.


                  I'm glad that I avoided FiFA 07, 08, 14. All those were garbage.
                  Originally posted by 4ndr3i
                  So someone had the audacity to neg me in this thread.

                  This is unacceptable!!! You have 24 hours to come clean and apologize and be all like "Sorry Andrei, won't happen again.. I messed up.. wanted it to be green.. etc"

                  If not I will do my own investigation and will show no mercy for the unfortunate soul. I already have a list of suspects.
                  http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16056

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by regularcat View Post
                    EA allows for a mod folder in The Sims then they clearly aren't anti modding.

                    The last few years the engine FIFA ran on was easily modified over time because we
                    had many members working to make it possible.

                    EA's choice to go with Frostbite was a good choice because of what they can do with it, the issue is it is a complex engine and I'm sure if we were capable of cracking it EA would have no issue with it.

                    The problem is this community over the years has gone from a ratio of 60%-40% modders to downloaders to 10% modders and 90% downloaders and I have been saying this for years.

                    Legends like Rinaldo and MonkeyDragon get older and have lives, careers and children and can no longer dedicate the time they once have, it is time
                    for a new group to take over and nobody is stepping up other than shawminator, Arianos and Ariel and they aren't able to do it by themselves.

                    Don't blame EA, blame yourself and the rest of the members who never bothered to spend the time or effort to attempt to create anything or do any research into how.

                    Had more members done so we would have that much more knowledge and ability to crack this engine open.

                    As much as I don't like to stand behind EA due to lust for money and not providing it's consumers with functioning and debugged modes within the game other than FUT, us not being capable of modding the game isn't their fault, it is ours.
                    Well I guess is just a matter of evolution of games engines not that modders are less ( which is real but its not the main problem ) Engines evolved to complex ones. Even if we were here all those that started to mod the game it would be impossible. The engine is too complex. I mean, files as we know have dissappeared. I guess shawminator has done a terrific job decoding something that Im not sure many will be able to do. As Ive said, Frostbite ended with Battlefield community that it was by far bigger than FIFA one. Once Frostbite came to Battlefield producers said that they stop to support mods because of the engine. They said it would be really complex for modders to understand it.

                    I do not blame EA. Probably we have to blame evolution. Engines became too complex for what a modder is able to do at home without official tools. We moved from ordinary files to strange formats. Even when mods are still possible for NBA 2K since they move to a new engine modding possibilities are not too many.

                    As Ive said its a matter of evolution. The modding era for PC is coming to an end.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by ModdingWayAriel View Post
                      Well I guess is just a matter of evolution of games engines not that modders are less ( which is real but its not the main problem ) Engines evolved to complex ones. Even if we were here all those that started to mod the game it would be impossible. The engine is too complex. I mean, files as we know have dissappeared. I guess shawminator has done a terrific job decoding something that Im not sure many will be able to do. As Ive said, Frostbite ended with Battlefield community that it was by far bigger than FIFA one. Once Frostbite came to Battlefield producers said that they stop to support mods because of the engine. They said it would be really complex for modders to understand it.

                      I do not blame EA. Probably we have to blame evolution. Engines became too complex for what a modder is able to do at home without official tools. We moved from ordinary files to strange formats. Even when mods are still possible for NBA 2K since they move to a new engine modding possibilities are not too many.

                      As Ive said its a matter of evolution. The modding era for PC is coming to an end.
                      Yes. Modding is dead now, that's the sad truth.

                      Now EA should atleast give us the option to edit the Database, add new players and faces, new teams and kits from Ingame edit menu. And the game should have seperate database for Online mode so that editing wont hamper online mode. And they should add max LoD in graphics settings.

                      That can be a good start.
                      Originally posted by 4ndr3i
                      So someone had the audacity to neg me in this thread.

                      This is unacceptable!!! You have 24 hours to come clean and apologize and be all like "Sorry Andrei, won't happen again.. I messed up.. wanted it to be green.. etc"

                      If not I will do my own investigation and will show no mercy for the unfortunate soul. I already have a list of suspects.
                      http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16056

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Sami 1999 View Post
                        Yes. Modding is dead now, that's the sad truth.

                        Now EA should atleast give us the option to edit the Database, add new players and faces, new teams and kits from Ingame edit menu. And the game should have seperate database for Online mode so that editing wont hamper online mode. And they should add max LoD in graphics settings.

                        That can be a good start.
                        Like PES in consoles. PES allows to import kits, change the database, add teams logos, etc. With that you can encourage again modders to contribute to the game and help to fill the gaps missing because of the lack of licenses.

                        And I guess we dont need more than that. Of course we will miss other stuff, add new tournamets, etc. Anyway I think EA is so focused on FUT that nothing else matters. FIFA was a game that we loved to mod because of career mode that years ago was by far the most important one of the game. Now FUT is the king and career remains without changes. With time I guess it will be FUT 2021 instead of FIFA 2021.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by ModdingWayAriel View Post
                          Like PES in consoles. PES allows to import kits, change the database, add teams logos, etc. With that you can encourage again modders to contribute to the game and help to fill the gaps missing because of the lack of licenses.

                          And I guess we dont need more than that. Of course we will miss other stuff, add new tournamets, etc. Anyway I think EA is so focused on FUT that nothing else matters. FIFA was a game that we loved to mod because of career mode that years ago was by far the most important one of the game. Now FUT is the king and career remains without changes. With time I guess it will be FUT 2021 instead of FIFA 2021.
                          Can you explain how to edit squads file properly? Thank you

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by NaFeR View Post
                            Can you explain how to edit squads file properly? Thank you
                            Hi Ive released this video
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbtZxEDuYCE

                            Also a small tool to extract and create squad
                            http://www.moddingway.info/fifa17/FI...sConverter.rar

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by ModdingWayAriel View Post
                              Hi Ive released this video
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbtZxEDuYCE

                              Also a small tool to extract and create squad
                              http://www.moddingway.info/fifa17/FI...sConverter.rar
                              Hey Ariel! Thanks for all your work. Does this tool work for any squadfile? (like downloaded rosters from EA) Or only the one from Moddingway?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by PaulC327 View Post
                                Hey Ariel! Thanks for all your work. Does this tool work for any squadfile? (like downloaded rosters from EA) Or only the one from Moddingway?
                                It works with anyone but you have to clean the squad files from EA. I mean certain database need to delete some garbage lines at the end of most tables like players, loans, etc.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X