Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIFA 17 Modding Process & Resolving Files (Keep This Thread Clean)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it s more realistic to try import 1 file instead of X modded faces, kits ... :

If someone succeeds to add an edited players.lua file to fifa 17,
    In this file u can change file locations for texture files (kits, faces, shoes, ...) so the game will always read external (modded) files

- export all sceneassets files to a fake location data/sceneassets_fake/...
    - at the player.lua u can let the game read only data/sceneassets_fake/ (instead of normal)
    - if fifa 17 works like the older games, u won't need to regenerate/set links if the files don't exist in the .big files (because of changed locations)
    Last edited by tokke001; 06-12-2016, 06:23:PM.

Comment

FIFA 17 File Explorer coming soon
      Master Shawminator from http://3dgamedevblog.com allow us to test his FIFA 17 File Explorer and here you can see some screenshots. With this tool you can browse through different folder and files, also export textures and models. Check out the screenshots
      https://www.facebook.com/GamesMods/p...084427/?type=3
      https://www.facebook.com/GamesMods/p...084427/?type=3
      https://www.facebook.com/GamesMods/p...074427/?type=3

Comment

Originally posted by shawminator View Post
        heres a screen of the latest progress i have made with cgfe 17,
        i have recently found a way to navigate to the old ignite legacy file structure.
        this is buried quite deep in the frostbite structure, but anyway i can reach it now. i just need to add function to see these files in more friendlier way.
        all file u can access will be able to be exported. not sure that will help anybody but its a start. heres a wee screen of the fifa_ng_db.xml

i will hopefully release it as soon as the functions to read the files have been added.
        Have you integrated the DBmaster with the possibility of editing the db?
        Abit AB9 QuadGT | Intel QuadCore [email protected],00 | Scythe Mugen2 | 8gb Kingston DDR2 | Ati Radeon HD6870@ 2gb | Seagate 250Gb+500Gb | CoolerMaster Real Power M700W | ADSL 20mb | Windows 7 x64

www.fifamania.it

Comment

Originally posted by ac12 View Post
          Have you integrated the DBmaster with the possibility of editing the db?
          i have for editing the squad files only, still no way to reimport 5the db back into the game, only squad files available to edit atm
          sigpic
          3dgamedevblog on facebook

Comment

So if I do understand this correctly, we will be able to at least export boots, both model and texture model? Would be great to have those original "high res" templates to work on instead of those who someone uploaded from the ps3 version wich is like 256x256 in size.

Comment

Originally posted by patzor View Post
              So if I do understand this correctly, we will be able to at least export boots, both model and texture model? Would be great to have those original "high res" templates to work on instead of those who someone uploaded from the ps3 version wich is like 256x256 in size.
              Yes. Both models and textures. Textured u save as a dds file and models export to .f2b format. Included will be a new import script for blender by arianos compatible with .f2b files. Once u import u can scale and stuff to match fifa16 and use the existing import/export script to export to fifa16. We have not included materials or textures in the import script. Hope that clears things up for u

Sent from my Crown using Tapatalk
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shawminator View Post
                i have for editing the squad files only, still no way to reimport 5the db back into the game, only squad files available to edit atm
                Are you planning on releasing your squad file editor at least? That would be very useful.

Comment

Shawminator, can you give us a clue about when your tool is going to be released?
                  Thanks for your work and effort.

Comment

Hello, everybody!
                    Shawminator, you gave us hope!
                    One question: In your tool, we will be able to edit names and faces?

I ask this, because in Brazilian league, all players are generic( names and faces)...

Thanks for your work!

Comment

Originally posted by Tricolorgaucho View Post
                      Hello, everybody!
                      Shawminator, you gave us hope!
                      One question: In your tool, we will be able to edit names and faces?

I ask this, because in Brazilian league, all players are generic( names and faces)...

Thanks for your work!
                      No editing is available apart from squad files. If the first and second names are available in the main db then yes u can amend player names. U can't add names as far as I know.

Sent from my Crown using Tapatalk
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the information, and your work!

Comment

shawminator,Can you have news for the tool extracting files fifa 17 ?

Comment

Originally posted by christophe83460 View Post
                            shawminator,Can you have news for the tool extracting files fifa 17 ?
                            Even if he did you have no way of importing them and using anything in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by regularcat View Post
                              Even if he did you have no way of importing them and using anything in the game.
                              We couldn't import but maybe it is possible to use the exported models in FIFA 16.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FFAA ESP AGA View Post
                                We couldn't import but maybe it is possible to use the exported models in FIFA 16.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
                                Exactly what I want.
                                See which file are compatible, stadium with animated adboards and other graphics.
                                I have not fifa 17 and time that impossible modding I stay on fifa 16

Comment

Working...
                                X