Game Freezes PC When Starting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Freezes PC When Starting

So, my FIFA 16 copy always worked perfectly, but without any reason it stopped to work. When I try to launch the game, I can get to the Messi screen:

But if I press play nothing happens for about 1 minute, after that the computer freezes, so I have to boot it. I tried removing mods, unistalling and installing again both Origin and FIFA 16, nothing seems to work. I have no idea what this could be, any help would be really great.

The one time I had an issue with FIFA not starting had to do with Origin updates and roster downloads. Now I always start in offline mode with my internet connection shut off, and I never update. Haven't had an issue since.

Comment

That's not it

Comment

And you're welcome

Comment

Could be an issue with the resolution? Not sure, I remember trying to tweak around with the resolution settings and that seemed to crash my game.

Comment

Maybe you don't uninstalled correctly some patch installed before, and then this generated some conflict

Enviado desde mi GT-I9195 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

That can't be the case since I deleted all FIFA 16 files from the computer and then downloaded the game again

Comment

Sometimes is not enough delete folders or uninstall, because you have to think that always there is a folder in my documents named FIFA16 in this case, check it.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9195 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Is FIFA the only cause of your PC freezing ?

It is obviously using all your system resources, do you use a modified platform.ini or file
                  where the threads assigned by FIFA have been altered ?

Comment

Yes it is, I have not changed a thing on my computer, FIFA used to work, it just stopped :/

Comment

Try the repair game option in Origin. And open your game in Window mode first. Check if it works, then play in the normal Full Screen mode.

Comment

Update your graphics card driver and see what happens.

Comment

Decided to give FIFA 16 a chance once again and the game worked fine for the first day, but this problem started happening again. Anyone knows what this could be? I can run other games just fine, FIFA is the only problem

Comment

Have you checked the system requirements? Have you tried to run the game on low settings? What is your graphic card? I solved the problem with a black screen on start after I updated Windows 7 and motherboard drivers.
                            Last edited by Randy; 23-12-2016, 11:59:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                              Have you checked the system requirements? Have you tried to run the game on low settings? What is your graphic card? I solved the problem with a black screen on start after I updated Windows 7 and motherboard drivers.
                              Thanks for the tips.

My video card is a GeForce GTX 760, my sistem is more than good enough to run FIFA on full settings (but I did try it on the lowest settings). The drivers are also up to date, I have no idea what may cause this since every other game runs fine.

Any sugestions?

Comment

Working...
                              X