Home Advantage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bangus View Post
    Make two copies and leave them where they belong. Name one file cl and the other claway. The game will read only the cl file. When you want to change, rename the cl file to clhome and rename the claway file to cl.

You have to test those codes and see which values/numbers make the game harder/easier. You say in Fidel's mod the defense is too easy? Try

CPUAI_DEFENSE_DIFFICULTY=5
    or
    CPUAI_DEFENSE_DIFFICULTY=3

You have to test all this.
    ok bangus but in this way i have to leave the game every time and do the change
    i'ts senseless It would not be a fun...

in this way i'll spend my time not play fifa but come in and come out to change ini file....
    thanks bangus to help me but for me this is not a solution

Comment

Hi! I find very interesting your post.. any news? It's possible to make that "home advantage"?

Comment

Cpui home and away dont work
        I tried any values...

But
        [ATTRIB_MODIFIER]
        AWAY_MOD_LOW=
        AWAY_MOD_HIGH=

It is for career
        There is a file attribgap..(i'm working right now and dont rememebrr exatly the name)
        Somene can try?a different values
        So we'll know that also these strings for home advantage dont work

Comment

Originally posted by bjama View Post
          hello bangus!
          i tried this in every way, +away diifculy -away difficutl

[CPUAI]
          HOME_DIFFICULTY=1.00
          AWAY_DIFFICULTY=0.50
          HOME_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=1.00
          AWAY_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.50 or 2.00 or more or less, dont mind, dont work
          HOME_DEFENSE_DIFFICULTY=1.00
          AWAY_DEFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.50

and fidel said me these:
          [ATTRIB_MODIFIER]
          AWAY_MOD_LOW = 10
          AWAY_MOD_HIGH = 20

but i dont see nothing...
          for me paul say right this fifa 16 dont have home advantage string in exe

but i'll fighttttttt to find home advantage!!i promise you bangus

Home and away works with Fifa 13 and 14. Of course is a small difference, but it exists as in real football... away teams also win

be aware that some codes must be deactivated, below some lines of my Fifa 14 cl.ini:

TEAM_EMOTION_CHANGE = 0
          TOPOLOGY = 1
          COVER_MAP = 1
          INFLUENCE_MAP = 1
          THREAT_MAP = 1
          VISION_MAP = 1
          USE_JOB_MANAGER_TOPOLOGY_CACHE = 0
          CPUAI_USE_MENTALITY = 0
          CPUAI_USE_TRAITS = 1
          CPUAI_USE_ATTRIBUTES = 1
          CPUAI_USE_DIFFICULTY = 1
          [CPUAI]
          AWAY_DIFFICULTY = 0.57
          HOME_DIFFICULTY = 0.69

//[]
          //HOMEGAME_MODIFIER = 2.0
          //AWAYGAME_MODIFIER = 2.0

CPUAI_PROCESS_ALL_DECISIONS = 1
          AI_USE_ATTRIBULATOR_TO_UPDATE_GENERIC_CONVERT_TBL = 0
          CPUAI_MARKER_USE_PREDICTED_BEHAVIOUR = 0
          AI_USE_TEAM_CHEMISTRY = 0
          AI_USE_MORALE_EFFECTS = 0
          MATCH_IMPORTANCE = 0
          AI_SETTING_DRAWMODE = 1
          USE_HOME_AND_AWAY_EFFECT_FOR_PLAYER_ATTRIBUTES = 1

Comment

Its important to remove mentality (above all) since mentality is linked with intensity db sub-file, also moral boost poor teams against strong teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalex View Post
              Home and away works with Fifa 13 and 14. Of course is a small difference, but it exists as in real football... away teams also win

be aware that some codes must be deactivated, below some lines of my Fifa 14 cl.ini:

TEAM_EMOTION_CHANGE = 0
              TOPOLOGY = 1
              COVER_MAP = 1
              INFLUENCE_MAP = 1
              THREAT_MAP = 1
              VISION_MAP = 1
              CPUAI_USE_MENTALITY = 0
              CPUAI_USE_TRAITS = 1
              CPUAI_USE_ATTRIBUTES = 1
              CPUAI_USE_DIFFICULTY = 1
              [CPUAI]
              AWAY_DIFFICULTY = 0.57
              HOME_DIFFICULTY = 0.69

//[]

CPUAI_PROCESS_ALL_DECISIONS = 1
              AI_USE_TEAM_CHEMISTRY = 0
              AI_USE_MORALE_EFFECTS = 0
              MATCH_IMPORTANCE = 0
              AI_SETTING_DRAWMODE = 1
              USE_HOME_AND_AWAY_EFFECT_FOR_PLAYER_ATTRIBUTES = 1
              oh thanks Robalex
              infact i active mentality 1
              but some strings are still in fifa 16?
              for example:
              TEAM_EMOTION_CHANGE = 0
              TOPOLOGY = 1
              COVER_MAP = 1
              INFLUENCE_MAP = 1
              THREAT_MAP = 1
              VISION_MAP = 1
              i dont see these...

and these?
              //[]

AI_SETTING_DRAWMODE = 1

if i copy these in cl for fifa 16?what happened in your opinion?

Comment

sincerely I do not know bjama because my computer does not support fifa 16...

i've been struggling with the "home advantage issue" since fifa 11... the only EA game I found some home advantage was in madden 2004 (probably i'm much older than you ) and its a hard topic. Do not expect extraordinary changes because in real live home advantage exist but it should not become a huge difference (tell you this as a league football player)

it's a lonely work, you need to keep trying with codes but keep an eye on what bangus recommended and also ask modders for help about it. I only use fifa for cpu vs cpu watching purposes only, so there is where i wanna see the light difference between playing home vs away.

using this code: USE_HOME_AND_AWAY_EFFECT_FOR_PLAYER_ATTRIBUTES = 1 or 0 never worked for me.
                Last edited by Robalex; 24-10-2015, 01:29:AM.

Comment

Thanks for reply me..
                  I'm 33 years old and i played since fifa 94
                  And worl cup italy 90 for sega master system!
                  I'm old too
                  So tonight i tried these lines and in friendly match
                  The difference is good!
                  I dont know if cause for your suggestion or cause fifa 16 have alredy a light home advantage.
                  Tactics are very important this year
                  The away team start always with defense tactic for me this is the reason!
                  In friendly match

Olympiacos-celtic(me) 4-1
                  Poss high olympiacos over 60% then me
                  More shots and contrast

Celtic-olympiacos 2-0
                  Posses me 53%
                  Cpu pressing very low,less shots,

Olympiacos-celtic 0-1
                  But dominated by cpu

In definly i think that home advantage is active natural in fifa
                  But when i play in career(last night i diddnt try) is a shit not like friendly match
                  All is more easy i dont see home advnatge and i become crazyyyy
                  Maybe i have to play only friendly match or tournament to see what i want!
                  Bye

Comment

But when i play in career(last night i diddnt try) is a shit not like friendly match
                    Ha-ha, welcome to EA's career mode game coding, that's why I only play exhibition games with FIFA.

Comment

Originally posted by bangus View Post
                      Ha-ha, welcome to EA's career mode game coding, that's why I only play exhibition games with FIFA.
                      Ok bangus but you dont have a game
                      I bought it for 50,i cant play only in friendly match
                      Not funny like this
                      And then i love football manager so i'd like to play fifa in career
                      I ask so much??????????
                      Today i"ll try again in carerr
                      For me serie A has a bug,games are strange i dont understand why
                      I try premier or bundesliga

Comment

Ok bangus but you dont have a game
                        I bought it for 50€,i cant play only in friendly match
                        Not funny like this
                        I have the full game but I play the demo because it's many times better. I don't care how much the full game cost, I only care about playing whichever game is best. And you already knew FIFA plays this way in career mode, it has always played this way, so it's no surprise. Sorry, but it is funny, the full game with CPU boosts is a joke, you have to laugh at stuff like that.

Anyway, Robalex is correct, in real life home teams do not have any significant advantage. I told you to create two cl files and you said no. I suggested you raise or lower sliders to create an home/away advantage and you said no. I explained the codes don't work because of the CPU boosts in the full game and you didn't listen to me. I suggested you test your codes in the demo and you haven't done that. So then not much left to discuss, it seems you're stuck in one-track-mind mode.
                        Last edited by bangus; 24-10-2015, 10:31:AM.

Comment

In real life do not not signif home advantage?
                          Excsusme bangus but for me there is!!

Comment

In real life do not not signif home advantage?
                            Excsusme bangus but for me there is!!
                            SLIDERS

When User is playing HOME games
                            CPU Speed and Accel 49
                            User Speed and Accel 51

When User is playing AWAY games
                            CPU Speed and Accel 51
                            User Speed and Accel 49

There... home advantage/away disadvantage. Problem solved, now go enjoy the game.
                            Last edited by bangus; 24-10-2015, 10:55:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalex View Post
                              sincerely I do not know bjama because my computer does not support fifa 16...

i've been struggling with the "home advantage issue" since fifa 11... the only EA game I found some home advantage was in madden 2004 (probably i'm much older than you ) and its a hard topic. Do not expect extraordinary changes because in real live home advantage exist but it should not become a huge difference (tell you this as a league football player)

it's a lonely work, you need to keep trying with codes but keep an eye on what bangus recommended and also ask modders for help about it. I only use fifa for cpu vs cpu watching purposes only, so there is where i wanna see the light difference between playing home vs away.

using this code: USE_HOME_AND_AWAY_EFFECT_FOR_PLAYER_ATTRIBUTES = 1 or 0 never worked for me.
                              For what I've tested USE_HOME_AND_AWAY_EFFECT_FOR_PLAYER_ATTRIBUTES = 1

seems to work this year; in fact it looks like home advantage only works if you set that line to 1.
                              The problem is that the game become easier with that line set to 1.
                              Home cpuai plays normally, away sucks.
                              Also game becomes more unpredictable and have more cheats; like with all the other attribuets modifiers lines set to 1

Comment

sorry for reviving this old thread, but this is in an issue that i deeply looked into in the last few days and there seems to be no much discussion about it on the web.

i ran a very extensive test about the "attrib_modifier" section of cmsettings.ini and my conclusion is bjama was right, it doesn't have any effect. i ran an entire cpu vs cpu career season (using a modified sideselect.big so the game wouldn't force me to pick a team), with extreme "away_mod_low" and "away_mod_high" settings and my team's home and away performance was consistently the same. i even counted the shots on goal to have more confidence on the data and it's 1=1 for home and away. i didn't see a change even after activating every attribute in the "away" tab of gpattributemodifiers.txt.

i wasn't able to test the "cpuai" section of rna.ini because strangely i never was able to make this file work. i regenerated, used file loader and no luck, my game simply ignores all the codes on it. anyway, i probably wouldn't like it if it works for home advantage. the fact that it only changes ai performance while user performance remains the same would probably make away games exciting and home games lacking in overall quality, and this is not what i seek.

what revolts me the most is how exaggerated home advantage is on simulated games while it is totally non-existant in played games. lazy development.

the half-solution i decided to use for now is:

1. setting "homeadv" to 1 (second minimum setting), along some other minor tweaks at the "influence" section of simsettings.ini, so simulated home advantage is greatly toned down and at least it doesn't look so much like those games are played in another universe;

2. manually adding a point to the first touch error slider of the away team, every game. it's the only setting i found in my slider set that i could use for this without making the game feel broken in away matches. unfortunately, the effect is much much softer than it should be for realistic home advantage, but at least it's something to make those two-legged cup ties start to make some sense.

i still have minor hopes of finding better solutions to have proper home advantage in career mode or at least finally seeing it appear in fifa 17. if someone has a new insight about this today, i'd be very curious to know about it.
                                Last edited by Gonira; 04-10-2016, 08:35:PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X