This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sam_red devil View Post
    i dont know what bangus tryin to say somewhere i read pc sales is far ahead than that of consoles
    Right, I provide actual proof in the form of FIFA 13 sales data, and you provide gossip and "I read somewhere..." And you're questioning me? Only on the internet, lol.
    Last edited by bangus; 20-04-2013, 11:49:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabzyxor View Post
      What are you saying?? Are you moving to PES, I heard they are gonna move from arcade to sim this year.
      I'll buy PES the day they finally put out a game that isn't completely broken out of the box. Default FIFA is pretty bad but at least it's playable, unlike PES.

Comment

Originally posted by jschuck12001 View Post
        The game went next gen 3 years ago didn't it?
        Ha-ha, touche. Seriously though, given FIFA console units outsell PC units 40 to 1, it's no wonder it takes them so long to update the PC version. No money in it for them.

Comment

bangus but that are physical copies or online download's too?

Comment

What the hell do you guys mean by "Next Gen", what would you see that would make it next gen. The game went next gen 3 years ago didn't it?
            3D crowed fully, updated shaders, double the texture res or more, increased LOD of everything incl' nets, particle support, updated physics support and .. everything .... just something that utilised full DX11 features, dynamic weather and all the shading and lighting that goes with it.

Simply put, something that looks more human and lifelike through the engine with enhanced skeleton anim, clothing physics support that kills your PC so its unplayable

Next Gen is mainly term vie console lifespan, but in terms of PC we are already in that realm with newest hardware, just takes software houses to pay for the engine updates and support it with all the financial and red tape that goes with it in business.
            Last edited by Fifamonkey2012; 21-04-2013, 01:58:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bangus View Post
              I'll buy PES the day they finally put out a game that isn't completely broken out of the box. Default FIFA is pretty bad but at least it's playable, unlike PES.
              You`re gonna have to wait for a long time. Glad to hear that you`re gonna stay with us playing Fifa, maybe a GP mod next year for Fifa 13 beta (unreleased version), Fifa 13.5 or Fifa 14 Pre-Gen. (depending on your perspective)

Originally posted by AmfdCrossB View Post
              He`s a purist, probably on full manual, me I`m on semi/assisted. May be when I move to manual, I`ll be taking his side. He is upset about the game play, spends a lot of time testing GP`s and EA`s pissing him with their GP`s.

Comment

Originally posted by AmfdCrossB View Post
                He`s a purist, probably on full manual, me I`m on semi/assisted. May be when I move to manual, I`ll be taking his side. He is upset about the game play, spends a lot of time testing GP`s and EA`s pissing him with their GP`s.

Comment

What the hell do you guys mean by "Next Gen", what would you see that would make it next gen. The game went next gen 3 years ago didn't it?
                  What we referred to as 'next-gen' 3 years ago(and initially 8 years ago) is no longer next-gen, there's a new generation of consoles due out in 2013 that will kick off the new 'next-gen'.

Comment

I'm confused. What do my game settings and feelings about FIFA's default gameplay have to do with discussions about how many PC units are sold each year?

I do play on manual, and I expect sports video games to realistically simulate the actual sport. FIFA needs heavy modding to accomplish that, but I do recognize that even the default gameplay can be fun in its way. I'm just glad we have a game we can mod on the PC to suit everyone's tastes. And hopefully EA continues to produce a PC version with next-gen. They've stopped making PC versions of their hockey and football games, so who knows if we'll still have a PC version of FIFA in a year or two.
                    Last edited by bangus; 22-04-2013, 01:09:PM.

Comment

We can talk about PES flaws a lot, but PES 2013 in terms of gameplay improvements is in front of FIFA 13 big time, and I mean by default gameplay, no tweaks or mods. I dont care if PES dont have licensed Leagues, Teams etc., cause from gameplay aspect PES 2013 > FIFA 13. I hope PES will continue to make significant changes cause that might push EA to improve their game also, if they even care about improving the gameplay, not the budget. Dont get me wrong here, I'm no fanboy of either of these games. I speak from neutral position.

Comment

Originally posted by Waldo1639 View Post
                        We can talk about PES flaws a lot, but PES 2013 in terms of gameplay improvements is in front of FIFA 13 big time... Dont get me wrong here, I'm no fanboy of either of these games. I speak from neutral position.
                        Look, I would prefer playing a quality PES game to FIFA. PES was a real football sim years ago while FIFA has never been one. That said, I really don't understand what you mean by improvements to PES. The game is flat out broken out of the box, it's a mess. It's been unplayable for years.

Comment

Look, I would prefer playing a quality PES game to FIFA. PES was a real football sim years ago while FIFA has never been one. That said, I really don't understand what you mean by improvements to PES. The game is flat out broken out of the box, it's a mess. It's been unplayable for years.
                          I would not said its unplayable, but gameplay improvements from PES 2012 and 2013 are very visible, too bad they messed up already very old style and the same Master League. As said, we can talk a lot of PES gameplay flaws (AI cheating, mainly), but imo its better then FIFA's... From defending, positioning, player individuality to teams playing style etc. Have you played PES 2013, and I don't mean 20 games before you made conclusion it's unplayable?

Comment

I'm confused. What do my game settings and feelings about FIFA's default gameplay have to do with discussions about how many PC units are sold each year?
                            Sorry, I was pointing out (explaining) to AmfdCrossB, about your feelings for Fifa`s GP, so ... (not that he can`t read) you seem very upset about pc sales (did they fire you from Marketing and Sales). Nothing to do with what he ( AmfdCrossB ) said.

I do play on manual, and I expect sports video games to realistically simulate the actual sport.
                            Not possible, at least for now, else EA would have moved to Robotics with their A.I. (lot of money in that.) I think we are idolizing EA too much, they make mistakes like us, Fifa 12 was a big boost for us, 13 and now 14 lacks that. If you look around this forum itself, you`ll find a lot of us are into faces, boots, tats etc., (very few purist who are into GP`s) so, EA has to come up with a brand new engine to appeal us,(hopefully a better GP too) yes it won`t be perfect, but the modding community is there for a reason.

They've stopped making PC versions of their hockey and football games, so who knows if we'll still have a PC version of FIFA in a year or two.
                            Don`t say that you`re making me twitch. Anyways Hockey and American Football is a totally different market, they won`t give it to Konami on a plate after 12/13 and 14. We all rooted for EA when we bought the game, so the least we could do is give them some time, pray and hope for the best.

Your input on GP`s are highly regarded by your peers, (AP, RC and the rest of the gang, including myself) so I hope you`ll stay optimistic about 14 and beyond.

P.S. don`t go turbo with PES.

Comment

Originally posted by Waldo1639 View Post
                              Have you played PES 2013, and I don't mean 20 games before you made conclusion it's unplayable?
                              I played the demo for two weeks. The CPU would either charge straight up the pitch or lob the ball ahead to the FW, that was the strategy for every team. The GK programming and AI was horrific as usual. And the ball/shooting physics were all wrong: the ball felt like a balloon, and every player could get off quality shots regardless of his body positioning. Some (not all) of that can be fixed with mods and edits. But it's almost the principle of thing at this point. If Konami insists on putting put a game that plays that poorly out of the box, year after year, then I'm just not going to support them. How can they get so much, so wrong? It's like they don't even bother testing their games to see how they actually play.

Comment

Your input on GP`s are highly regarded by your peers, (AP, RC and the rest of the gang, including myself) so I hope you`ll stay optimistic about 14 and beyond.
                                Thanks, I appreciate that. I'm happy with FIFA, I play it more than I play Left4Dead! Seriously, with all the available gp mods and after some editing, I'm having more fun with the game than I've had with any sports game.

Comment

Working...
                                X