No announcement yet.

Career Mode Editing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use the "ArtMoney", you can put any budget..
    Blaugrana al vent
    Un crit valent
    Tenim un nom que el sap tothom

Bara, Bara, Bara !

Comment

Originally posted by cubby View Post
      Thanks a bunch! I thought I was doing this, but apparently I am doing something wrong. Will try again tonight....
      Keep in mind that it may require a new career to see the changes. I suspect it will also change during a career when the end of season "creating competitions" is running but not positive. In this case, you wouldn't see the changes take effect until the end of the next season.

Comment

Could someone post his setting.ini? If he has edited all the league's budget!

Comment

Originally posted by KaseyKeller View Post
          Keep in mind that it may require a new career to see the changes. I suspect it will also change during a career when the end of season "creating competitions" is running but not positive. In this case, you wouldn't see the changes take effect until the end of the next season.
          Thanks KK. I have been trying this and then starting a new career, but will keep these things in mind.

Comment

Is anyone else trying to edit career mode? I'm trying to fix several other annoyances but not having much luck. Wondering if anyone else is trying the same things so maybe we can share info and testing.

Specifically I'd like to:

- Change growth curve for physical attributes so they don't increase (or slow down dramatically) after age 24. I've tried editing the growth curves in the ini but they don't seem to have any effect.

- Make transfers smarter. It seems like there is no decision making parameters for teams selling players. As long as the offer is high enough (which is 100% of the time for CPU to CPU offers) they make the sale. This results in teams shuffling players around unnecessarily. They sell a highly rated striker and then replace him with a striker who has the exact same ratings.

I've successfully reduced the number of high cost transfers but when they do occur they are still not realistic.

Comment

I think I know what I am doing now, so I will try to test this out. Time is a little limited, but I will see what I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by KaseyKeller View Post
                - Make transfers smarter. It seems like there is no decision making parameters for teams selling players. As long as the offer is high enough (which is 100% of the time for CPU to CPU offers) they make the sale. This results in teams shuffling players around unnecessarily. They sell a highly rated striker and then replace him with a striker who has the exact same ratings.

I've successfully reduced the number of high cost transfers but when they do occur they are still not realistic.
                I also dislike the player decision making process. Could we make the player's decision smarter? Perhaps by editing the transfers.ini (not transfer.ini) file, we can decrease elite player CPU-->CPU moves. I have noticed in this file several interesting parameters:

From transfers.ini
                MINPLAYERDECISIONSCORELOWERRANGE=100
                MINPLAYERDECISIONSCOREUPPERRANGE=160

BESTPLAYERFORPOSITION=50

HIGHCLUBIDENTITYWITHCURRENTCLUB=-175
                ISOFFERINGTEAMXSTARTEAM=75

NOTBESTPLAYERFORPOSITION=-20
                PLAYERHASSAMENATIONALITYASOFFERINGTEAM=20
                POSITIONAVAILABLEFORMAINROLE=40
                POSITIONNOTAVAILABLEFORMAINROLE=-30

TOPXPLAYERONCURRENTTEAM=-5
                ISTRANSFERLISTED=175
                Honestly, though, this file may only affect CPU-->USER transfers and not CPU-->CPU transfers, but it bears some investigation.

Also, I think we should turn up wages in playerwages.ini significantly for elite players, which should make their elite player CPU-->CPU transfers more difficult (because more of their money will be tied up in wages). I think we could make high international prestige players get payed more and make top clubs pay more.

From playerwages.ini:
                [WAGE_CLUB_PRESTIGE]
                MAX = 20 // The maximum value club prestige can be
                MIN = 0 // The minimum value club prestige can be
                PRESTIGE_1 = 3 // Players club prestige inclusively less than this value
                PRESTIGE_1_VAL = -90 // Percentage change
                PRESTIGE_2 = 5
                PRESTIGE_2_VAL = -60
                PRESTIGE_3 = 15
                PRESTIGE_3_VAL = 0
                PRESTIGE_4 = 17
                PRESTIGE_4_VAL = 25
                PRESTIGE_5 = 20
                PRESTIGE_5_VAL = 50

[WAGE_INT_REPUTATION]
                MAX = 5 // The maximum value international prestige can be
                MIN = 0 // The minimum value international prestige can be

REPUTATION_1 = 1 // Players international prestige inclusively less than this value
                REPUTATION_1_VAL = -20
                REPUTATION_2 = 2
                REPUTATION_2_VAL = -10
                REPUTATION_3 = 3
                REPUTATION_3_VAL = 0
                REPUTATION_4 = 4
                REPUTATION_4_VAL = 15
                REPUTATION_5 = 5
                REPUTATION_5_VAL = 30
                Also, we could tune player value calculations for players on long versus short contracts:
                Default [CONTRACT] section from playervalues.ini
                [CONTRACT]
                CONTRACT_1 = 1 // Players contract remaining length
                CONTRACT_1_VAL = 0 // Percentage change for contract
                CONTRACT_2 = 2
                CONTRACT_2_VAL = 10
                CONTRACT_3 = 3
                CONTRACT_3_VAL = 20
                CONTRACT_4 = 4
                CONTRACT_4_VAL = 20
                CONTRACT_5 = 5
                CONTRACT_5_VAL = 20
                CONTRACT_6 = 6
                CONTRACT_6_VAL = 20
                CONTRACT_7 = 8
                CONTRACT_7_VAL = 20
                CONTRACT_8 = 10
                CONTRACT_8_VAL = 20
                CONTRACT_9 = 11
                CONTRACT_9_VAL = 20
                CONTRACT_10 = 100 // Stupidly high on purpose
                CONTRACT_10_VAL = 20
                I suggest something like this:
                [CONTRACT]
                CONTRACT_1 = 1 // Players contract remaining length
                CONTRACT_1_VAL = -25 // Players on the last year of their deal are often sold for 1/2 value
                CONTRACT_2 = 2
                CONTRACT_2_VAL = 10 //Players with 2 year deals are slightly more valuable
                CONTRACT_3 = 3
                CONTRACT_3_VAL = 20 //Players with 3 year deals are even more valuable
                CONTRACT_4 = 4
                CONTRACT_4_VAL = 40 //Players with 4 year deals are not likely to be sold for cheap
                CONTRACT_5 = 5
                CONTRACT_5_VAL = 60 //Players with 5 year deals are not likely to be sold at all
                CONTRACT_6 = 6
                CONTRACT_6_VAL = 75 //Players with 6 year deals are not leaving
                CONTRACT_7 = 8
                CONTRACT_7_VAL = 75 //Players with 7 year deals are not leaving
                CONTRACT_8 = 10
                CONTRACT_8_VAL = 75 //Players with 10 year deals are not leaving
                CONTRACT_9 = 11
                CONTRACT_9_VAL = 75 //Players with 11 year deals are not leaving
                CONTRACT_10 = 100 // Stupidly high on purpose
                CONTRACT_10_VAL = 75 //Players with 11+ year deals are not leaving
                If this thing can handle half steps (CONTRACT =0.5), we could even stimulate transfer movement for players who run down their contracts by reducing their price by 40-60% (which is realistic: Example: Bolton's Gary Cahill's price went from 16.5m to <8m as he will be in the last 6 months of his contract come January). I bet this can solve the absurd movement problem by making players on shorter (0-2 years) the only players who are affordable, and making stars on long deals (Rooney, etc.) super expensive, which they realistically are.
                Last edited by Exocyst; 28-10-2011, 10:12:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Exocyst View Post
                  I also dislike the player decision making process. Could we make the player's decision smarter? Perhaps by editing the transfers.ini (not transfer.ini) file, we can decrease elite player CPU-->CPU moves. I have noticed in this file several interesting parameters:

From transfers.ini

Honestly, though, this file may only affect CPU-->USER transfers and not CPU-->CPU transfers, but it bears some investigation.

Also, I think we should turn up wages in playerwages.ini significantly for elite players, which should make their elite player CPU-->CPU transfers more difficult (because more of their money will be tied up in wages). I think we could make high international prestige players get payed more and make top clubs pay more.

From playerwages.ini:
                  Exo, what do the VAL numbers represent? Is that percent change in a players worth financially based on prestige and reputation?

Comment

Originally posted by cubby View Post
                    Exo, what do the VAL numbers represent? Is that percent change in a players worth financially based on prestige and reputation?
                    It depends on which file you are talking about.

If you are talking about playerwages.ini, then the VAL numbers represent percentage increases in the base salary for a player of that overall. For instance, a player with an overall rating of 81 has 40000/wk base salary. If he has a top international rating (REPUTATION_5 = 5), then his salary is scaled up by 30% (REPUTATION_5_VAL = 30). If he plays for the best club (PRESTIGE_5 = 20), then his salary is scaled up another 50% (PRESTIGE_5_VAL = 50). So, if we want to calculate his actual salary it would be 40,000 + 40,000*0.30 + 40,000*0.50 = 72,000 / week.

If you are talking about playervalues.ini, then the VAL numbers represent percentage increases in the transfer value of a player. For a player who is 81 overall this base value is 7.9m. If he has a 5 year contract (CONTRACT_5 = 5), then his value is scaled up 20% (CONTRACT_5_VAL = 20). So, his value would be 7.9m + 7.9m*0.20 = 9.48m.

I suggest we increase this scale value further to prevent players on 5 year deals (CONTRACT_5 = 5) moving by scaling it their value 60% (CONTRACT_5_VAL = 60). So, under my adjusted system his value would be 7.9m + 7.9m*0.50 = 11.85m.

So, my thinking is this would stimulate the computer to instead opt for a player on a shorter contract rather than overpaying for the guys on long deals.
                    Last edited by Exocyst; 29-10-2011, 05:22:PM.

Comment

It depends on which file you are talking about.

If you are talking about playerwages.ini, then the VAL numbers represent percentage increases in the base salary for a player of that overall. For instance, a player with an overall rating of 81 has 40000/wk base salary. If he has a top international rating (REPUTATION_5 = 5), then his salary is scaled up by 30% (REPUTATION_5_VAL = 30). If he plays for the best club (PRESTIGE_5 = 20), then his salary is scaled up another 50% (PRESTIGE_5_VAL = 50). So, if we want to calculate his actual salary it would be 40,000 + 40,000*0.30 + 40,000*0.50 = 72,000 / week.

If you are talking about playervalues.ini, then the VAL numbers represent percentage increases in the transfer value of a player. For a player who is 81 overall this base value is 7.9m. If he has a 5 year contract (CONTRACT_5 = 5), then his value is scaled up 20% (CONTRACT_5_VAL = 20). So, his value would be 7.9m + 7.9m*0.20 = 9.48m.

I suggest we increase this scale value further to prevent players on 5 year deals (CONTRACT_5 = 5) moving by scaling it their value 60% (CONTRACT_5_VAL = 60). So, under my adjusted system his value would be 7.9m + 7.9m*0.50 = 11.85m.

So, my thinking is this would stimulate the computer would instead opt for a player on a shorter contract rather than overpaying for the guys on long deals.
                      Thanks for the explanation!

Comment

is there any way to edit the scouted players
                        i mean the players that we get from scouting ????
                        like untuck the player's shirt???
                        I believe and keep faith to Allah,,
                        Takbir!!!!
                        Allahu Akbar,,

Comment

Originally posted by akim0908 View Post
                          is there any way to edit the scouted players
                          i mean the players that we get from scouting ????
                          like untuck the player's shirt???
                          I have not noticed any parameters in the scout.ini file that would suggest this is possible. Unfortunately, I think it may be impossible to edit their appearances (including shirt tucking). It would be cool, though. I'll keep my eye out for any possible solutions akim.

Comment

Is that possible to make the scouted players do not become so often copy of Messi? I would like that only few could have good chances to have in the future 80..Is there a way to make it more difficult?

Comment

I have not noticed any parameters in the scout.ini file that would suggest this is possible. Unfortunately, I think it may be impossible to edit their appearances (including shirt tucking). It would be cool, though. I'll keep my eye out for any possible solutions akim.

oh okay
                              never mind, just asking...
                              keep it up mate

good luck
                              I believe and keep faith to Allah,,
                              Takbir!!!!
                              Allahu Akbar,,

Comment

Ok, guys: good news it is possible to educate the CPU on which players to transfer by scaling player transfer value by contract length in the [CONTRACT] section of playervalues.ini. I'm still fine tuning this, so I prefer not post any files of this yet.

Here is what I did:
                                [CONTRACT]
                                CONTRACT_1 = 0 // Players with less than one year remaining
                                CONTRACT_1_VAL = -60 // Have very reduced market value (-60%)

CONTRACT_2 = 1 // Players with 1-2 year remaining
                                CONTRACT_2_VAL = -10 // Have slightly reduced market value (-10%)

CONTRACT_3 = 2 // Players with 2-3 year remaining
                                CONTRACT_3_VAL = 10 // Have slightly better market value (+10%)

CONTRACT_4 = 3 // Players with 3-4 year remaining
                                CONTRACT_4_VAL = 20 // Have better market value (+20%)

CONTRACT_5 = 4 // Players with 4-5 years remaining
                                CONTRACT_5_VAL = 40 // Do not move for cheap: (+40%) value

CONTRACT_6 = 5 // Players with 5-6 years remaining
                                CONTRACT_6_VAL = 60 // Should not be moving at all (+60%) value

CONTRACT_7 = 6 // Players with 6+ years remaining
                                CONTRACT_7_VAL = 75 // Should never move at all (+75%) value

CONTRACT_8 = 10 // No players have this contract (10+ years)
                                CONTRACT_8_VAL = 75

CONTRACT_9 = 11 // No players have this contract (11+ years)
                                CONTRACT_9_VAL = 75

CONTRACT_10 = 100 // No players have this contract (100+ years)
                                CONTRACT_10_VAL = 75
                                I tested these adjustments and player values do fluctuate significantly between windows. Next, I will try to increase (slightly) the frequency that the CPU will try to extend these players before they enter the final year of their deal to try to balance this feature.

Also, the reduction in value (-60%) creates opportunities for the CPU and User to grab players on the cheap during their final 6 months of their deal. For instance, a player with 6 months remaining would be free to negotiate with other clubs under the FIFA Bosman rule, so his club will often sell him on the cheap to recover some value. Under these adjustments, a 10m player with 6 months remaining, would have a list value of 4m. I feel like this simulates reality.

On the other end, really important players have long deals as their real life clubs try to keep these guys locked into the club, so they should not move so freely in FIFA12. For this reason I scaled the value up for longer contracts. For instance a player with 5 years remaining has clearly just (re)signed for his club so he should not be available for transfer, so I scale his value up 60% (for example, a 20m player with 5 years remaining, would have a list value of 32m). Player with 4 year deals are also clearly valuable to their club, so their value is scaled up 40% (for example, from 20m to 28m).

You could potentially abuse this by buying guys on the cheap (6 months deal) and then sign them to long deals, and finally try to sell them a year later for an inflated value. But this actually happens in real life as Barcelona signed Ibrahim Afellay for cheap when he only 6 months remaining then tried to sell him in the next window after signing him to a long deal. Afellay refused to leave, so their strategy did not pay off.

These values may be a bit extreme at present, but I am happy to report that these adjustments completely stopped Big Name starter transfers in the first year simulated. Importantly, starters did start to move again in the second year (as their value fell). I will keep tweaking these values to see what the minimum adjustments are to discourage important players moving, but also incentivize player movement during the last two years of their contract (which mirrors real world player movement).

Please try your own values and post your findings for all of our education.

Comment

Working...
                                X